Show us yer double Dins!

Liam_r

im looking for inspiration for a double din.... 7" screens.... dual head units.... anything, show me what you got, as i need some inspiration...

mostly interested in 7" screens, can they control vagcom? in car-pc? i need some info on these mostly.

cheers!

I have a Kenwood DDX-6029, Bought it when I had the Laguna, It will be going in the Arosa soon.

They have updated it quite a bit since, Not sure what the model is now but I think it now also has a US input and also plays SD cards.

I have the bluetooth and I-pod adaptors, You can get a TV tuner and sat nav ones also.

Resize-of-4-VW-Golf-Gti.-Car-Cinema-Kenwood-DDX-6029.JPG

Edited by RichardS

I have a Kenwood DDX-6029, Bought it when I had the Laguna, It will be going in the Arosa soon.

They have updated it quite a bit since, Not sure what the model is now but I think it now also has a US input and also plays SD cards.

I have the bluetooth and I-pod adaptors, You can get a TV tuner and sat nav ones also.

Resize-of-4-VW-Golf-Gti.-Car-Cinema-Kenwood-DDX-6029.JPG

yerrr that looks cooool. exactly what im after.

Dont have a double din, but do have a built in Navman with slide out screen:

dlh-0010.jpg

Also have some pics stored on my comp from when I was looking for my headunit/mp3 player setup inspiration. Might give the respective owners chance to post their own pics first though.

Dont have a double din, but do have a built in Navman with slide out screen:

dlh-0010.jpg

Also have some pics stored on my comp from when I was looking for my headunit/mp3 player setup inspiration. Might give the respective owners chance to post their own pics first though.

Does your HU control the Creative MP3 player or is it just a Aux in and control from the Zen?

looking for a new HU and have a Zen myself, and would like one that controls it if possible.

cheers,

Chris.

Does your HU control the Creative MP3 player or is it just a Aux in and control from the Zen?

looking for a new HU and have a Zen myself, and would like one that controls it if possible.

cheers,

Chris.

Unfortunately the Creative stuff doesn't have as much after market support as the Ipod stuff, so I couldnt find a device that would allow me to control it from the HU. As long as the MP3 player is in reach I'm all good though, have to safely set a playlist before I start to drive though. Have changed playlists a couple of times whilst driving but wouldnt recommend it, lol. Can play video on the bigger screen as well as audio through it though! (safety feature means you have to be stationary for video though!)

I do apologize, I could have sworn mine was the 7029, but ive just double checked and it is the 6029, so yes. the same as yours

The unit came with 2 different surounds, one which has to be cut to fit, and the one which was used. Thats all I know as I didnt fit it, was done at Autosounds.

The unit came with 2 different surounds, one which has to be cut to fit, and the one which was used. Thats all I know as I didnt fit it, was done at Autosounds.

Thats' what came with mine but when I found the place for spares I found they do a proper fitting kit, What it comprises of I don't know but it was nearly £60 +VAT :o

What it comprises of I don't know but it was nearly £60 +VAT :o

Sod that, id stick with what you've got.