CDA vs DIA

alice

I'm pretty sure the element inside is the same and the only real difference is that the CDA has a Carbon heat shield where as the DIA has just a plastic heat shield.

I had a BMC CDA and while it sounded great, i didn't really notice much difference if at all any, in performance. I also got bored of the oil smell while sitting in traffic and i couldn't be bothered to hook the catch tank up to stop this, so i flogged it on here and bought a BMC panel filter. The panel filter makes a slightly deeper tone without being over intrusive in my opinion and everything stays ad looks stock in the engine bay.

The carbon fibre on the CDA allows it to retain a slightly lower intake temperature. Also the actual structure of carbon fibre slightly amplifies the sound that you would get also.

The CDA I had on my Swift Sport sounded mental!

Spending most of my life with the development of induction kits I rate the DIA higher than the CDA.

There is distinctive differences between the two.

Since you are going for sound you might as well go for the cheaper version, which is the DIA. But then there is some alternatives that are sounding very good and will set you back even less.

Why would that be then?.

The CDA and the DIA differ internally quite a bit. Also the filter shape is slightly different.

The filter shape of the CDA is quite good but is a bit of a let down by the missing inverted plastic cone at the end of it on the exit side.

The second advantage of the DIA over the CDA the better flowing throat.

And finally the filter/housing mouth is better on the DIA than the CDA, which is not as crucial when a properly designed silicone hose is before the CDA with a proper trunpet at the front end of the silicone hose.

However the CDA can be flow improved by being internally reworked.