Camera Rigs

Putney

Yeah i was looking at getting the 7D though i might go for a Sony alpha, there's a bunch of useful information at the http://www.dyxum.com/ site relating to the minolta and sony gear. including the Sony Alpha 300 and Sony Alpha 350 which both have live view.

There is quite a market out there so i think a bit more research and i might be able to come up with a digital unit so that i get to still use my lenses.

Oh i forgot to say, i also have a KonicaMinolta Dimage G400, Lovely camera, properly weighted, sturdy and takes good photos. Had it 4 years now and it's taken about 13,000 photos.

There is no 7d if you are talking about the canon new 5d mark 2! :) Thats my next camera, when the price drops!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no 7d if you are talking about the canon new 5d mark 2! :) Thats my next camera, when the price drops!

No sorry should have put Dynax 7D, i saw a movie taken with the 5D MkII and it looks pretty darn fancy!!

Link to the video

Behind the scenes

IMG_0088.jpg

Canon EOS 40D

Canon EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5

Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L USM

Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM

Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 Macro USM

I have 2 canon 24-70 2.8 L as one needs repairing.

Extenders:

Canon Extender EF 2x II

Canon 12mm Extension Tube II (EF 12

This allows the x2 extender to fit my Macro lens giving greater magnification.

Remote release:

TC-80 N3 Timer Remote Controller

Flash

Speedlite 580EX II

Bag

Lowe Pro SlingShot 300 AW

Filters

2x Hoya UV filters 77mm diameter... These fit all my zoom lenses.. I leave them on as protection but often take them off and shoot naked.

1x Hoya circular polarizer 77mm filter

1x Hoya 58mm UV for the macro lens....

Storage:

Archos Av400 100 gig bit old now but does the job. probably get a newer canon one as the screen lets the archos down...

sandisk ultra III 16 gigs on 4 cards.

Tripod

Gorllia pod slr zoom

All lens hoods and canon bags.

The End

Edited by Putney

.. I leave them on as protection but often take them off and shoot naked.

Rudey!

That's an impressive collection, does all of it fit into the slingshot, i was looking at this bag myself, for something to grow into. I'd like to carry all my cameras including the HDD Video camera I have too.

Excellent stuff!

Yeah its all fits in the Sling shot... I can take a picture of the bag all packed if you like? if you look at the lowePro link there are some extra pictures of the bag with it packed too...

this bag is great as its small and also has the weather proof jacket that folds out... I used this so much in OZ... i was soaking but all my camera gear was dry!

It is heavy though! Luckily I toughend up when I was wakeboarding and from my motorbike days... it is no problem for me to caryy around.... I did a 6 hour hike in 35 degree heat with it! It ways almost two stone loaded!

Rigs are pretty much past it now. I've not used mine in over 12months.

thats your second post congrats... :rolleyes:

rig is just some poles, clamps and suckers not much to it TBH. not got any sample pics around.

p.s Putney this is my 4th post ;)

thanks for your contribution.... most helpfull...

how many of each? (obv 1 pole and 1 magic arm!) catch me on msn for a chat... could be interested...

muska_funsta@hotmail.com

• 2 weeks later...

Received my new lens recently, and received the adapter so that i can fit it to my camera yesterday, so thought i'd bring it into work and mate them together.

Camera - Minolta Dynax5 (film SLR)

Lens - Minolta MD Rokkor 50mm F/1.4

MD/MA Adapter

Pics, when i get a film finished i'll post some of the photos here perhaps.

DSC01306.jpg

DSC01308.jpg

DSC01310.jpg

DSC01311.jpg

DSC01313.jpg

they are good... however you need to get a ball head for the big dslr model. it didn't come with one!