Oh dear

Matty B

Realised my MOT had run out on the 30th August. managed to get booked in for friday afternoon. What could have happened if i had been stopped my police?? and also no driving for 2 days! im beached

Realised my MOT had run out on the 30th August. managed to get booked in for friday afternoon. What could have happened if i had been stopped my police?? and also no driving for 2 days! im beached

This the alfa?

3 points and a fine i expect, i **** myself when the dvla told me my tax was out of date... then i realised it was someone else number plate and name on the letter thank god

only a fine, it can only be dealt with by the Magistrates Court. The maximum fine is up to £1000.

the court cannot issue points for it, and the fine is often dependant upon the condition of the vehicle

only a fine, it can only be dealt with by the Magistrates Court. The maximum fine is up to £1000.

the court cannot issue points for it, and the fine is often dependant upon the condition of the vehicle

thats interesting to know, i thought with everything else being points it would be too.

Friend of mine got 3 points for having an expired MOT a few years ago by the way - he was pulled over in his Mum's car, got a producer, realised the MOT had expired 3 days before, got it MOT'd and turned up at the police station with the new MOT and the old (expired) MOT, told them what happened & that it was his Mum's car & he still ended up with points.

Friend of mine got 3 points for having an expired MOT a few years ago by the way - he was pulled over in his Mum's car, got a producer, realised the MOT had expired 3 days before, got it MOT'd and turned up at the police station with the new MOT and the old (expired) MOT, told them what happened & that it was his Mum's car & he still ended up with points.

What was the offence that he got charged with? Magistrates cannot give points for no MOT

in all fairness its something people should keep on top of, imagine if we didnt have one! cars would be literally falling apart on the road, would be dangerous and a nightmare, not to mention the emissions!

i've heard they dont have them in jersey or guernsey, due to the sea air rotting all the cars and MOTs being hard to pass as a result, that could be interesting at times i should imagine

generally if you are not a known person it will be a fixed penalty of £60, although different forces will have different policies.

Strange how a totally unroadworthy vehicle with no MOT will land you with a fine, yet 4 below limit tyres will see you banned.

Oh, and ;)

Edited by Defcon5