UK Photocard driving licences

Viney

People of ClubLupo, heands up.

Its almost 10 years since the introduction of the pink plastic peril that is the Photocard licence. Anyhoo, so waht you might say? Well, your licence is only valid for 10 years if you didnt know, and you will need to obtian a new one by paying those people in Swansea £17.50 + a new photo or else you will fall foul of the law, and you can be sure that they have special task forces set up for this kind of thing!

So check the section 4b on your licence for your expiry date.

HTH :)

Slightly OT but related...

How many people live at a different address to what is on your driving license?

If a traffic cop pulls you, you're in trouble, possibly points.

It amazes me how many lazy people do this...

Your joking!

10 years cant be up already!

Sadly not. Mine runs out this time next year!

There is also a conspiracy that this is the time for people to loose thier motorbike entitlement. So make a copy of the licence 1st before you send it off!!

Dammit!

I picked up a D1 form just yesterday so that i can get my points off the license, though reading this post makes me want to wait till next december as that'll be 10 years since i got mine.

Boo! No doubt it'll go up in years to come.

I've had my driving licence 11 years - its an old style paper one (no photocard) & I have ever intention of keeping it for as long as I possibly can so I avoid having to cough up more money to DVLA.

:D

I was going to do that, until the one of the roads people at work pulled it up and said hang on a minute, this isn't the address we've got for you on file, so i had to get it changed over.

So now i have to carry around a silly pink card and a piece of paper, instead of just one bit of paper. Gits.

And by 2012 (I think) we'll have to have to have your eyes tested every 10 (or is it 15) years.

Other, more serious, changes for driving "indiscressions" came in on 18th August.

The address not being correct problem is huge at work. It's points and up to £1000 fine isn't it. And because your licence isn't up to date, it's also invalid.

Edited by IDGM