Slipknot

Alex_225

I like the fact that coz of their image they've attracted a lot of fans who wouldn't otherwise have taken any notice of a band quite as heavy.

Means that effectively they'll have got a large number of fans into lesser known bands, I mean its not a far step from Slipknot to Slayer, Testament, Sepultura, Machine Head or even more underground stuff.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never actually listened to them but should make a point of doing so. I love Faith No More but I know this is totally different! lol

Love Faith No More, some bits are similar, Mr Bungle isn't all as dark as that song I posted up. Some of it's pretty much pop, but all excellent.

I love all Mike Patton's stuff actually; Tomahawk, Fantomas and Peeping Tom are great too. His solo album's a bit weird though, just him screaming for an hour, no instruments. :wacko:

Mike Patton Solo

only ever seen them 1ce and one of thr guitarists was out witha back injury or summit so they just played with 1 guitarist for the most part, still a good show but it lacked sumwhat

oh and i love how this slipknot thread has turned into a everyone loves kse thread lol

Edited by jamiea7x

i was pleasantly surprised by their new songs tbh, i'm not a huge fan of theirs simply cos some of their songs imo suck, quite like the masks etc tho.. its just something different.. was very pleased to find both them and metallica getting a good old play on rad1, well done zane lowe ( i think it was) for getting worlds first play of metallicas new one.

it's about time tunes other than the usual rave and pop rubbish got played during rush hour, the only time i listen to the radio. I listen to moyles up until carpark catchphrase then on with some metal... on the way home if the first 2 songs are rubbish it's back to cd. the bbc really do need to broaden their daily and rushhour genres, instead of just pandering to music in 'the chart' .

the bbc really do need to broaden their daily and rushhour genres, instead of just pandering to music in 'the chart' .

I thought that's what Radio 1 was for? Makes it easy to avoid...

I like the fact that coz of their image they've attracted a lot of fans who wouldn't otherwise have taken any notice of a band quite as heavy.

Means that effectively they'll have got a large number of fans into lesser known bands, I mean its not a far step from Slipknot to Slayer, Testament, Sepultura, Machine Head or even more underground stuff.

machine head... ftw

I thought that's what Radio 1 was for? Makes it easy to avoid...

it's the only station i listen to, albeit briefly, there are few djs that don't annoy me so much i have to turn them off, moyles being 1, local radio dj's just make me want to bazooka the station and i can't get kerrang radio or whatever so i'm stuck with b1. would be nice if they broadened their horizons a wee bit to cater for pop and rave haters like me.

yup, a mate of mine has a very, very very very nice custom-made FVF kit, it makes me do a little sex wee every time i see it. he's getting another kit made up, so he'll now have 3, so i'm trying to get him to sell me his sparkly silver kit he uses as a practice kit.

oh, and he gets loads of free jagermeister and Vans clothing too. the perks of being in a band.

i hate him. :P