help lol... brakeing probs

hey... right if any1 could help me out i wud be 4eva grateful lol... to keep it short basically when i brake the car shudders wich i found that the pads were warping pretty quik and its only the drivers side wich is warping in like 4weeks every time... my bro in law freed the pistons incase 1 was sticking but it has done it again... also the drivers side when the window is down n the car is moving you can hear like a rubbing noise everytime the wheel gets to a certain point. not constant rubbing just a swoosh noise lol the faster or slower u go the noise gets quicker or slower... thats my explanation lol HELP!!! its P****ng me off! thnx xxx

I had the noise, and it turned out to be paint coming off the caliper, although your problem sound more serious. Has it been to a garage?

Do you mean tha discs are warping? or the pads are wearing? I cant see pads warping

Edited by Defcon5

nah we onli just re painted the callipers huni ... no it aint been to a garage as of yet but maybe it will have to go... been told it could be cv boot or summert?? i prob aint even said that right but it sounds expensive lol x

• 2 weeks later...

I suffer from similar minor problems and I think its the brakes rather than anything else - you're likely to have worn or warped brake discs. They'll probably need replacing (if they're really bad they won't pass your next MOT). Its wise to put new pads on when you replace discs so that everything wears evenly.

If you get a loud-ish knocking (rather than a whirring) sound from the front when you corner at reasonable speed its likely to be your CV (constant volecity) joint - this is the thing that sort of transfers power to the wheels (not an expert!). I had an old car where this happened- they are pretty solid so won't need replacing unless its sounds really really bad!

But I think the best thing is to get someone to have a look at all your brakes and see if that does the trick - need to get mine sorted too cos my steering wheel wobbles a bit when braking at high speed.

• 4 months later...

ive got this too, ive had the drivers side caliper slider stuck and i think it's done it again as when i hit the brakes hard the car swings round to the right meaning my right hand caliper isnt braking as it should be. ive also got a slight judder in the steering when i intially brake so i'm thinking warped discs. exactly what happened to my last set. i dont think the gti brakes are even up to the job which i think is odd as theyre the same brakes on the ibizia cupra, heavier car and more power???

If you have already tried a new set of discs and pads then it could be something else.

Cardaft had this problem on his 1.0, it turned out the hub was bent and was causing the disc to warp!

If you have already tried a new set of discs and pads then it could be something else.

Cardaft had this problem on his 1.0, it turned out the hub was bent and was causing the disc to warp!

funny you should mention that, a freind of mine seems to think it could be a warped hub, but i'm stuggling to see how that could be.

i may well be wrong though??!!