De-Badging

macaloon

Im wanting to debadge my lupo n i was wondering how easy of a job it is?

im wanting to take off the lupo n 16v badges from the back

does any1 whos done it know if they leave holes or a recess which will need filled ?

or is it as simple as take em off remove glue job dun.

is ther a how-to on here ??

Cheers Guys

Mac

Pour a jar of locally produced honey over the badges and leave it on a sunny day.

When the bee's come to get their honey back the badges will come off and they will fly back to their hive with them. You will never see them again.

Don't be tempted to do anythjing else just yet as...

Through the night the bears will come to get the left over honey and when they lick it off the 'glue' residue will go too.

All you need to do then is wash as normal in the morning.

:rolleyes:

Failing that get some dental floss and 'saw' through the foam pads behind the badge and then get some Tar & Bug Shifter or similar to remove the sticky residue. 20mins top!

get some dental floss and 'saw' through the foam pads behind the badge and then get some Tar & Bug Shifter or similar to remove the sticky residue. 20mins top!

and no, there wont be any holes or recesses for you to worry about :)

My goodness Silver! arent we doing well today?! :P

I done this a while back but i got told to use a credit card or something of the sort and to get rid of the glue by whitespirit and now i have scratch marks and a white fade underneath have no clue if it was from the card or the whitespirit

I done this a while back but i got told to use a credit card or something of the sort and to get rid of the glue by whitespirit and now i have scratch marks and a white fade underneath have no clue if it was from the card or the whitespirit

Ouch! And id say it was both. Use the dental floss and bug tar remover in future ;)

I will when i do it to my bumpstrips , so had anybody took the rear VW badge off if so any pics? and how can i sort the scratches and that made by card and whitespirit

For the scratches n whitespirit problem you could try Farecla G3 Paste Compound, I used it to take out sum scratches on mine

if you take off the vw badge ul need it filled n ur boot resrayed as far as im aware it is bolted in place

Ive took the 16v badge off the bk of my sport n cant decide wether 2 leave the lupo 1 on i want it to look euro style n i think it needs 2 come off 2 get that look

what do you guys & gals think?

Iv also removed the smaller behind the door bump strips n have the door 1ns still on does any1 no if these are bolted or glued like the smaller bk 1ns??

Cheer

MAC

All bump strips are glued mate, whip em off. I used a credit card for my badges and bump strips, i also used some mountainbike degreaser to get the glue residue off, which worked much better than bug and tar remover!

What about removing the front badge on a sport the 16v one ios it screwed in ??

Help would be appreciated

mac

Mine was plastic welded onto the grille. Just attacked it from behind ( :lol: ) with a stanley knife and whipped it off

Pour a jar of locally produced honey over the badges and leave it on a sunny day.

When the bee's come to get their honey back the badges will come off and they will fly back to their hive with them. You will never see them again.

Don't be tempted to do anythjing else just yet as...

Through the night the bears will come to get the left over honey and when they lick it off the 'glue' residue will go too.

All you need to do then is wash as normal in the morning.

Will some blue bottles and a badger work? I could maybe stretch to the odd mozzy?

Failing that get some dental floss and 'saw' through the foam pads behind the badge and then get some Tar & Bug Shifter or similar to remove the sticky residue. 20mins top!