wiper arms

I popped off the wee black covers, undid the 2 nuts but can i get the damn things off, no chance. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks

I popped off the wee black covers, undid the 2 nuts but can i get the damn things off, no chance. Any ideas would be much appreciated.

thanks

They will come with a bit of wiggling and prising. You may want to scoosh some WD40 or such into the recess and leave overnight, or tap with a hammer to break the corrosion.

I used a small puller, but I am lucky enough to have access to such things.

Be careful of the black plastic scuttle tray as it feels quite flimsy.

Yea, i sprayed some wd40 onto them, will leave them overnight and see how that goes, i did put quite a bit of force on them and tried tapping with a hammer but didnt want to break anything. will try again tomorrow, cheers

i padded up a couple of spanners to avoid scratching the paintwork, then levered them off using said spanners, bit at a time gently from each side. Took a bit of time but worked eventually

I want to take mine off to either renew them or paint them, as they are chipping and look nasty.

I can't get mine off either though, i wondered weather using boiling water would help? :wacko:

Yea tried that too. Finally got them off with a pair of vice grips and and alot of brute force and ignorance, it took a fair while but eventually got there. :)