Removing Back seats.....

Guys, I really need your help.

I need to remove my rear seats tomorrow morning, i've almost managed it today, got the bottoms off coz they were easy and just pop out. The rear seat backs - the upright bits, i'm having more trouble with.....

I found this topic - http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...interior+change and ive done what Joe said about the claws right in the corners, thing is i'm having serious issues with the bolts in the middle?!

It's doing my head in now and i need to get this done tomorrow now as i'm off to work shortly... :angry2:

Thanks for your help, please help in time for Treffen on saturday lol! :blush:

Theres little circlip thing on the bolts in the middle. You just pop them off with a screwdriver. I just snapped the ****ers off cause like hell I was going to fiddle with them every time I needed the seats out!

You have to pop them out once the claws have released then shimmy the seat back toward the side of the car you're removing it from. ie away from the middle, they should just slip out of the middle holding area.

i hope that makes sense, i'd take some pics though my sport seats have been removed and are in the shed. shall see if i get a chance later with the gti.

Theres little circlip thing on the bolts in the middle. You just pop them off with a screwdriver. I just snapped the ****ers off cause like hell I was going to fiddle with them every time I needed the seats out!

kam i didn't know that as i don't have them on mine, makes sense really i guess. mine just come out once the claw thingy is released.

food for thought.

Thanks guys, there's definitly something in the middle holding them down, the postie had a right laugh at me sitting in my boot this morning!! They're right behind the seat belts are.

I've figured the turny things on the sides near the doors (kinda like jewellery clasps or like the old safety pins where there's not a complete circle but they turn so the two gaps make a gap to get the hook out.... if that made sense) :wtf:

But there's some black washer-looking things in the middle that i tried to fight with a screwdriver but the screwdriver wasn't mine and i figured the otherhalf would kill me if i broke his screwdriver instead of the washers!

Thanks guys, there's definitly something in the middle holding them down, the postie had a right laugh at me sitting in my boot this morning!! They're right behind the seat belts are.

I've figured the turny things on the sides near the doors (kinda like jewellery clasps or like the old safety pins where there's not a complete circle but they turn so the two gaps make a gap to get the hook out.... if that made sense) :wtf:

But there's some black washer-looking things in the middle that i tried to fight with a screwdriver but the screwdriver wasn't mine and i figured the otherhalf would kill me if i broke his screwdriver instead of the washers!

they're a get to pull out, i ended up bodging with a pair of pliers.

Essentially they go around the bit that sticks out from the seat but there's a piece that goes inside the seat. You need to ping that out before you can lift the clip up

| |

- -

| |

As Kam says, they're a PITA to get off/on, i knackered mine so didn't bother putting them back on again. The seats seem firmly locked in place without them.

A medium set of needle nosed pliers worked for me, with a touch of brute force and ignorance ;)

stupid question time, i only have a screwdriver coz my thoughtful other half has gone out.....and i can't get his work tools. Am i popping out the metal bits? i'm worried about snapping the screwdriver :unsure:

Here's a picture of one i ****ed earlier ;)

2636318286_a62d5f750a.jpg

see the bit where the metal's folded onto itself? that sticks into the spur on the seat back, you need to lever that out, then lift the clip up.

Or, you can do what I did and brute force the clip off, and as it comes out of the seat spur, it bends in that shape.

If you use your screwdriver you'll probably be able to lever the clip out fairly easily, yes. Me, I used pliers on the catch at the top, then used the silver bit of the car as a lever to force it off, if that makes sense