First service time coming soon...

...am within a few hundred miles of 10k, and considering how many miles its had on it in such a short life I'm thinking of doing my service in the next month, just after I go over the magic 10k.

So, how much for a first service? Does it vary dealer to dealer? I had my car from the dealer in cardiff, but I can't really afford to time to go down there just to have the car serviced and there are plenty of dealers around the midlands, or would i be better off having it serviced with them. They did promise a full valet but that would be quickly undone by the b road way back I drive from down that way. tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

IIRC, you need a 10k oil change service to keep the warranty, so it's not really an option! Mine cost £63 from Testwood VW a couple of weeks ago.

Bear in mind you'll need an inspection service in addition to this when 12 months are up.

Edit: I can recommend Spirit in Leamington Spa as a VW dealer - great service, cheap prices, nice showroom. Might be a bit far for you, though.

I really should read the manual shouldn't I biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

leamingtons not far but if I'm going to drive out of the midlands I may aswell goto Cardiff as I could combine it with a trip back to visit friends. So is there no 1st service, is it just the 10k oil check and then a 12month inspection?

If you've done 10k in say, 10 months, you can combine the two services, which is probably more economical. However, I have a feeling you haven't had the car that long - right?

In a few more miles you'll get a warning on the dashboard (Oil service). Then after 12 months are up, you'll get another (Insp service).

6 months and 10k , geees

i got just under 10k , bout 9.5, but ive had my loop for more that two years .. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> dont get out much do i ?

What can I say, I love driving about biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />. My commute to work when I was in Cardiff was 40 miles a day, and spent rather too much time at work. Then whenever i went to visit the g/f in aberystywth it was a 200 mile round trip and I'd do that most weekends. Home for the both of us is shropshire/the midlands and thats more or less a 100 miles away from both aber and cardiff so another 200 mile round trip there.

I thought moving home it would tail off, but the g/f is still 30 or 40 miles away and I'm zipping back and forwards to there a fair bit. Will tail off to more or less zero when I move to france in a couple of months, I'll of course use it at christmas and easter, but the 9months I'm away will be a nice rest for the little car smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mine cost £63 from Testwood VW a couple of weeks ago.

£63!!!! Dealer here had £150 on the board last week!!!!

I'm sure it said annual Service as £150, mind you I wasn't wearing my specs at the time so it could have said anything 8) laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Have to go in next week (again) anyway so will check then.

I've just been quoted £85 by the nearest vw dealer to me. Never been there other than to have a look around so not sure what they are like, plus side is they can do first thing tomorrow morning, seemed a bit steep tho!

Yeah, we'll see. I'm probably going to take it as they can do it first thing, I won't have to take a day off and if I come in at opening they can do it while I wait, plus I'm off on a long day trip on sunday and will easily bust past 10k, so it might be nice to have it all done for then.

Had it done first thing this morning, went in at 8:30, was out before 9:30. Couldn't fault them at all so I may use this dealer again. Had three cups of tea as there was no coke left. Sat in a Polo Dune, very pointless car, but does have a nice steering wheel.

Treated the car to a valet today too, as I really really couldn't be arsed getting all the bug jizz on the front off in the heat so I let a couple of lackys do it :oops:

If you want to do it yourself, instructions as follows:

Reset the display as follows:

* Switch off ignition.

* → Press and hold button -1- below the speedometer.

* Switch on ignition and press button -1- (min. 10 seconds) until three dashes appear on the display ( - - - ), or the next service due appears in the display. Only then is the service reset.

* Release button -1-.

* Switch off ignition.