Le Mans...

AndyW

I know Tigz and Max have been known to go, but was just wondering if anyone was planning to go in 2009?

I'm planning on finally getting there, and thinking of going with Team Langoustine, who have a decent camping area with facilities set out. Sarah is coming with me so its worth the extra money for showers/fridges/keeping her happy on a very boy trip.

So should anyone fancy coming or will be going but to another campsite, let me know. I'm happy to have any along should you also want to book with TL too.

We decided not to go this year as 2007 wasn't as impressive as 2006 so we felt a break would be a good idea.

Guess the crap weather didn't help though!

Great place though, dont worry about it costing the earth.

Last year we spent 3 nights in hotals around rance, and had four good meals in resterants (sp?) but even so, including race ticket, camping pass ferry (use Speed Ferries, stop the pirates) fuel and food I still spent less than £500 for the week.

The year before we spent only one night in a hotel, and I spent around £350 all in.

Not bad when you think its just a week of being drunk lol.

Im up for 2009, I'll PM the link to Max, see if he fancies it again.

I may do the nurburgring 24h instead next year, its the end of may. Its all a long way off yet but whichever one you go to it needs to be sorted by christmas or you will struggle with crossing etc.

I'll really be interested in tagging along Andy - I was hoping to go this year but didn't, and I'm still hoping to get a 'Ring trip in late summer this year.

Keep me informed :)

Oh you see the post I made on the EVO forum? Traditional Shropshire gathering, early August, if you can make it :)

I'll really be interested in tagging along Andy - I was hoping to go this year but didn't, and I'm still hoping to get a 'Ring trip in late summer this year.

Matt A and I were on about a 'Run to the Ring' too. Keep me posted :)

Cant you organise it and I'll just tag along? :P I hate organising things, its hard work. I like coming up with the ideas, making suggestions, then lets someone else do the hard work ;)

You are more than welcome Matt, would love to have you along, just so long you don't sleep in on the morning of departure. :)

I've since found out that although you can get tickets through the ACO (organisers) its sometimes better to get through an agent and pay just a little more to get in there early. It won't be until the Autumn till prices and info comes out though, so plenty of time yet.

Will check out the Shropshire meet thread on EVO.

• 5 months later...

I'm heading out in 09 with the A2OC lot, we're staying in a hotel though so had to get booked up a few months ago.. Never been before so thought it was time, just ironing out other parts of the trip at the moment as we're gonna take in the south coast of France and Millau at the same time. Will be at Le Mans from the Friday then leaving on the Monday

I will be going this year with my usual group, we normally stay in Houx Annex campsite,

but we have heard rumours of it being closed to build a football stadium. Anyone know if this is true?

Does anyone know which other campsites are good? Houx always had a good party feel to it and no one ever complained when we were up until all hours of the morning make a mess of oursleves!

the weather last year wasn't too bad, but lets hope there is some heat this year!

we normally stay in Houx Annex campsite

We stayed there in 2005, much better than the gypsy cam we stayed at in 06!

We were just behind Team Prawn in 05.

06 the weather was BAD!

Ive never known rain like it on the last day lol

• 2 weeks later...
I will be going this year with my usual group, we normally stay in Houx Annex campsite,

but we have heard rumours of it being closed to build a football stadium. Anyone know if this is true?

There is stuff going on with a stadium, but Houx Annexe is there this year, just sold out through the ticket agent I'm going with.

Am now staying in Tertre Rouge, which although has a poor review on Beer Mountain gets good things said about it by folks on PH who've been before.

So if anyones going, I'm in Tertre Rouge. Wahay, all booked finally!

There is stuff going on with a stadium, but Houx Annexe is there this year, just sold out through the ticket agent I'm going with.

Am now staying in Tertre Rouge, which although has a poor review on Beer Mountain gets good things said about it by folks on PH who've been before.

So if anyones going, I'm in Tertre Rouge. Wahay, all booked finally!

I did some digging with the guy that does all our booking for us, Houx is NOT closed this year, just half the size! and the pitches are numbered!

We have our pitches booked, we will be near the concrete bit that goes through down to the roundabout, nearly the loos but on the otherside I think. If that makes sense!

I am so looking forward to it already! My favourite Holiday of the year.

Bought a new tent already.... just hope the weather holds out a bit better this year (not that it was that bad last year)

I just made the phone call to our organiser to double check that we are all sorted and it would appear that we are! yipee!

we have our allocated spots in Houx Annex. And our ferry crossing booked in, although I did forget to ask what route we are taking down this year.

Will anyone be going down in Loops?

Will anyone be going down in Loops?

Me. :) And if our forum god gets his arse in gear we'll be joined by a white Alfa.

As for ferry, we're still planning to go Portsmouth to St Malo, although this may change.

• 4 months later...

We've finally got everything sorted last week.

Group of 5 of us (in a diesel yaris!) going to stay at a mates farmhouse about 30 miles from Le Mans.

Not too sure, but think were going Wednesday morning, and coming back Monday, Newhaven to Dieppe!

Yep! Thankfully were not taking much stuff, the lads dad whose house were staying at is following a couple of days later (in a 9 seater Land Rover :huh: ).

We're just trying to do it as cheap as possible, and his car is the most economical!