1.0e how many miles on a full tank / MPG?

lupogini

Hi fellow 1.0 owners

Managed 270 off a tank which I was pretty pleased with.....46mpg ish

Usually do about 240 mixed driving with lots of short hilly trips.

Anybody manage any more / less?

Thanks and keep dubbing

45MPG is what Cardaft usually acheives with his 1.0L so it sounds good to me!

Although I can manage 50MPG in my Sport which is probably down to the fact that I don't have to press the throttle as much as you do.

Hiya,

Yeah as Nick said, my 1.0 can do about 45MPG with mixed driving (motorway/town)

But atm its confined to the town and my mums driving - it does about 40MPG. Although it does get the ocassional out of town run to keep it tiptop!

1.0s arnt generally the most economical though, as they do need working to gain acceleration, especially with a few people on board! I find it does great fuel economy at 60, above that and you can watch the fuel gauge drop ;)

See HERE for more peoples 1.0 MPG reviews and tips!

:)

Hiya,

Yeah as Nick said, my 1.0 can do about 45MPG with mixed driving (motorway/town)

But atm its confined to the town and my mums driving - it does about 40MPG. Although it does get the ocassional out of town run to keep it tiptop!

1.0s arnt generally the most economical though, as they do need working to gain acceleration, especially with a few people on board! I find it does great fuel economy at 60, above that and you can watch the fuel gauge drop ;)

See HERE for more peoples 1.0 MPG reviews and tips!

:)

Thanks for the replies

Mine usually does around 48 mpg but we went on holiday and on the way home it did about 55! :) was well impressed.

Mine usually does around 48 mpg but we went on holiday and on the way home it did about 55! :) was well impressed.

:o Now that is cheap motoring!

Might give the TDi a rest and use my 1.0 ;)

I know!

we had to double check :)

£25 used to fill it up, gone upto almost £30 now :(

I find it does great fuel economy at 60, above that and you can watch the fuel gauge drop ;)

I'll double that for you. :P

But I'm paranoid about lorries overtaking.

Edited by Niche

I'll double that for you. :P

But I'm paranoid about lorries overtaking.

:lol: i think if a lorry is wanting to overtake you could do with speeding up! ;)

Have you ever noticed, 1.0s on motorways are usually always speeding along at decent speeds! Ive often seen them in the outside lane overtaking everything :lol: They like to go quickly ;)

I think my diesel hates going slowly. Ive a little MPG computer gadget in my car, it shows all kinds of things, one of which is the average MPG for each journey.

Sitting at 60MPH it was reading 55.6 (i know not great for a TDi, it has its juicey days!) I went to 70 for a while and it went up! to 57.5, then at 80 for a while it went back down to 56.2. So it pays to go faster :huh: , sometimes :lol: Depends which way the wind is blowing too!

BTW, on its good days 65-70MPG is achievable at 70MPH. Ive not found out why/or if there is a reason for it to do worse and better sometimes. Although when it uses more fuel its a tiny bit slower :huh:

Ive not yet used my little gadget in my 1.0 though.

Edited by cardaft

what gadget is this, wouldnt mind having one myself :)

Its called a scan gauge, heres a couple of pics:

P1010603.jpg

If only my average MPG was that good all the time :rolleyes: 3L teritory!

And this is a few other things it shows:

P1010599.jpg

If you press the four side buttons it changes the display next to it, it shows all sorts.

It also tell you the real speed, and not what the speedo is reading. It keeps a recored of today and the previouw day, also what you have done on that tank. It also shows your max revs and speed for the same days. You can also either have instant or average MPG.

As you can see, it plugs into the Vag port.

I want it fitted into the dash a bit better, so for the moment ive just routed the wire up the dash and ive removed the 5 blanking spacers to fit the gauge in. ALthough behind them is four slots, so ive currently bluetacked it onto them!

Although im planning to notch the grooves so it sits nice and flush with the rear window demist button.

Its a great toy!

i'm lucky to get about 200 miles from my 1.4 16v (non sport). :-(

Thats really bad! How do you drive it?

Id get that looked at, even most GTi owners get 200 miles from a tank. :wacko:

I know!

we had to double check :)

£25 used to fill it up, gone upto almost £30 now :(

I know what you mean Amber. I have just been to fill mine up today and cost me £30.41 to fill her up. I remember when I first got her and it cost me about £20 to fill her up

I can usually get about 240-250 miles from a full tank all town driving

my mum gets 55 from her tdi polo and she stop starts all day you should be doing that and as for 1.0's doing 45 t gallon i can get that from my gti on a run

my mum gets 55 from her tdi polo and she stop starts all day you should be doing that and as for 1.0's doing 45 t gallon i can get that from my gti on a run

Thats not bad MPG for a polo in stop start traffic.

My average is about 54-58MPG. I do a lot of town driving where it never warms up and i like to use the accelerator out of town. I can see mid 60s without much effort out of town though.

I know, 1.0s arnt that economical, im always suprised when i get back in that after my TDI how much it does use!

are there different tank sizes? as ours costs between £35 n £40 to brim it and we get roughly between 340 and 360 miles from that.

so by my reckoning thats approx 47 mpg mainly on the motorway at motorway speeds

its a 1999 1litre e

dan

are there different tank sizes? as ours costs between £35 n £40 to brim it and we get roughly between 340 and 360 miles from that.

so by my reckoning thats approx 47 mpg mainly on the motorway at motorway speeds

its a 1999 1litre e

dan

Good question the beast takes £31 ish max to fill from the light being on....

surely it can't be the price of your fuel as your getting loads of miles........ :confused:

Good question the beast takes £31 ish max to fill from the light being on....

surely it can't be the price of your fuel as your getting loads of miles........ :confused:

fuel is £1.19 down here ?

but theres six litres left in tank when light comes on ,which is just over a gallon so still nearly 50 miles to go once light comes on so that would take your fill up to £36 if completely empty

which is about the same

dan

cardaft, love that gadget, and 92MPG how you manage that lol

:lol:

It was mainly a down hill drive with me resetting the trip on it at the top! With little acceleration then a bit of town work - mainly because it was showing 150MPG and it would have looked a little odd :lol: So i drove round for a while!

I wish it was that all the time!

60-70MPG is usually a good out of town figure.