attn u camera people!

2001gti

i woz playin around with my camera on sunday and on manual mode u can change the shutter speed and apurature, but wot do these actually do? i turned the shutter speed right down and nothin but abit of a dull white image came up on the screen. any1 give me any tips?

you bloomin' numpty....

this thread will be way to long... search digital camera tips in google....

good luck and happy shooting...

lol

lol not as easy as i thought then. i just cba lookin through the book, i thought sum1 could just tell me in a few words. ill have a ganders on google.

tah ian

Shutter speed is how long the shutter stays open; effectively how much light is let into the lense before the picture is taken. The slower the shutter speed the more amount of light that is let in, hence your white photo!

slow shutter speeds are good for showing movement in something. like a long exposure of stars will show as a line in the sky if ye get what a mean.

The aperture results in an image that is sharp around what the lens is focusing on and blurred otherwise.

Edited by deewhy

i woz playin around with my camera on sunday and on manual mode u can change the shutter speed and apurature, but wot do these actually do? i turned the shutter speed right down and nothin but abit of a dull white image came up on the screen. any1 give me any tips?

a longer shutter speed will hold the shutter open for a longer time , you need this in dull environments as it will take longer for the sensor to pic up colours etc hence if you use a long shutter speed it just goes white in bright places . if you want something moving to blur you use a longer shutter speed but not that long it goes white

the appature is how much is in focus , as in F2.8 hardly anything will be in focus bar the object you have the camera in focus on , where as F14 nearly everything will be in focus but usually requires a longer shutter speed

how come my camera will go upto 1/1200 shutter speed but can't actualy do it because the appeture just flashes

yesterday morning around half 5 i couldn't get anything with a shutter speed any faster that 1/4 which to me seems ridiculously slow compared to normaly i use 1/420 etc but it did result in some intersting effects despite the catch fencing ruining any chance of a decent picture

lemans2008batch3095.jpg

had to increase brightness on this one because it was really dark

lemans2008batch3116.jpg

lemans2008batch3141.jpg

and while i'm here bensilverlupo's gti on mad friday

lemans10-06-08047.jpg