my project

hoggys wee arosa

hey thats me finally getting round to getting my project started on my 01 plate arosa 1.0 got a few things im doing first but need help on the wheels that will suit it !!

body work - im getting a new front and back bumper off one of the guys on this all smoothed out and colour coded

springs - im going to get some lowering springs the now thinking 40mm is the safest and cheapest for me the now untill i can aford coilys or wot would u say is the lowest i can go on springs ??

wheels - right a dont have a clue at all about wheels awas thinking some deep dish or ronal turbos ??

i really like bbs all polished up but am not sure if i can aford them if u get me :P any idea where i could get some !

usual sub and that in the boot couldnt tell u what it is though lol

any ideas or that just say please thanks !

hoggy

-60mm springs will be fine on the standard shocks.

They only need to last long enough until you can get coilovers anyway.

Although theres plenty of coilover kits around for £210 to £250 on Club Polo and Ebay respectivley.

You'd be supprised how many peeps have come and gone after saying they'll get springs then within a couple of months changed to coilovers... myself included!

Polo GTI BBS rims look good, and are not too expencive.

Look great after a bit of a polish.

BBSBlastered20copy.jpg

Although theres plenty of coilover kits around for £210 to £250 on Club Polo and Ebay respectivley.

You'd be supprised how many peeps have come and gone after saying they'll get springs then within a couple of months changed to coilovers... myself included!

BBSBlastered20copy.jpg

yeah them rims r along the lines of wot im after how many piece r they ?? and how much ??

Edited by hoggys wee arosa

two piece.

price depends on whether or not you're willing to put the graft in to shine them up.

STA60424.jpg

it's not fun.

no no im defo willing toput the work in on them get them painted same colour as my cr with the silver rim !!

prices guys ??

• 1 month later...

assuming your after it roughly lookin like mine in the sig? great colour to start with i think

i was going to cannica the centres on my wheels but my mates got off white wheels on his car and theyre a lovely person to keep clean and the brake dust has started to stain the paint behind and between the spokes :( so that put me off

keep it simple and tidy and most of all browse all the forum classifieds sections for the required bits there is almots always what your looking for on one of them

wayne

BBSBlastered20copy.jpg

nah projects off saving for a bmw lol :o

- The subtle modder -

Long time no see! have you still got your arosa after your thoughts on changing it?

hi how are you lately? im assuming u still have the 2 arosas?

Well i had organised to have a new mini cooper S and had agreed a very good part-x deal for the arosa, was picking it up on the saturday but on the tuesday before i was browsing the internet and found a car i had always liked for a very tempting price so much so that by thursday lunchtime it was sitting on my drive

A Peugeot 206 GTi 180, as name suggests 180bhp standard with stiffended rear beam, 17's, sparco buckets seats, climate control and many many other little bits, i have no pics on this new laptop otherwise id put a pic up, done a few things to it since i have had it and if i have it at end of year im having it remapped and it should chuck out a genuine 190bhp when done so

problem is i brought it cash as it was almots half the price of the cooper S i was buying and so didnt need to sell the arosa straight away, 1 year on and the arosa is still here :blush: i cant bring myself to sell it i keep using it for work etc when i break the 180 and it starts first time every time and purs like a kitten, no bangs rattles or squeeks i really cant fault it, its a hell of a lot slower (it is quite litterally a 1/3rd of the power) and handling isnt as precise but its a laugh to drive and sooo smooth compared to the 180's manic cam kick driving style

it is hopefully going in the pper this weekend though as to be honest its a damn waste just sitting there so if anyone wants a 1 of a kind arosa in truly pristine condition Pm me

wayne