SDI seems to stutter/feel nervous

Well, somehow my SDI is giving me a slight problem.

The problem here is, when I am driving at 20mph and put it into 3rd gear and give it some throttle, the lupo seems nervous and you can ever so slightly feel it to stutter.

Question is, what is causing it? Could it be my clutch? The cluctch biting point has become higher recently and my dad claims that it doesn't retract faster than it did before!?

Any help/ideas would be appreciated...

I cant see it being your clutch, is it only in that one gear?

No it happens through all the gears!! Its a very odd problem and I have no clue. Maybe something is blocked? Just want to get a few ideas before my mechanic (uncle) takes a look at it

• 1 month later...

Whats performance like?

Is this a recent thing?

Has it had its fuel filter changed? You could try a fuel system cleaner.

You could try adjusting the clutch, i very much doubt its that, but it might make it better to drive. A clutch pedal should only change its bite/resting place if the clutch it becoming worn, due to it being ridden.

Cardaft,

Performance wise, it does feel 10 times slower than before. It really does struggle to get up hills (worse than before)!

Mileage now is 34,000 and the fuel filter was changed at 20,000/25,000 (can't remember off the top of my head)

Would it need changing again?

LupoPD150,

Im thinking of doing a fuel filter change but as above its been 9000/14,000 miles since the change. I thought you had to change them every 20,000 miles.

Hopefully I can get it plugged in sometime this week and will update.

Seems an unusual problem!

Hmm...

Do you usually potter about below 2000rpm etc or do you give it the ocassional blast?

Sounds like it could be injector related, maybe dirty. Could be the MAF sensor.

Best get the codes read.

Hmm...

Do you usually potter about below 2000rpm etc or do you give it the ocassional blast?

Sounds like it could be injector related, maybe dirty. Could be the MAF sensor.

Best get the codes read.

Yep, Cardaft you've guessed it. I usually stay below 2000/2500 rpm as in London you can't get anywhere!

Did give it a good blast a long time ago, but has now gradually come back to haunt me!

I need to find me OBD cable so I can see if any codes come up...