Any detailers on here?

I am.... what you want to know?

Products...... haha where do i start. Ive got over £400 worth of products now, each one performs better soem times than others.

I spent a long time using the poorboys world stuff for swirl removing, but recently went back to the megs stage 1, and after a few coats of that the results are pretty good for a base to build on, i dabble in to 3m hand and machine glaze which is pretty good too.... but the best wax has to be collingite super auto double coat wax..

Heres a result from the begining of the year:

Wash using a mix of autoglym shampoo conditioner and splash of autoglym autogloss rinse aid.

Dry off

Poorboys SSR 2 - 1 Pass by Rotary polisher

Poorboys SSR 1 - 1 Pass by hand

Megs stage 1 - 1 Pass

Autoglym super resin polish - 2 Passes

Collingite 476S super auto wax - 2 Passes

P1030245.jpg

P1030249.jpg

John

Edited by CasperGTI

I just wondered really as I know in most clubs there's at least a couple of cleaning anoraks!

I've been using Dodo Juice on my Megane and Collinite on the Lupo, have to say the Collinite is tough as **** though. Really does last.

I've often fancied a go on a machine polisher but I just can't justify the cost of one. The Megane is swirl free so the most that would need is a polish then dodo on top.

I've not had a good opportunity to look over the Lupo and being silver it looks clean and swirl free in most lights. Friend of mine has just bought the Megs G220 polisher so I may give it a go in the summer.

Black is one satisfying colour to clean though, gave my missus car a brief going over when she bought it. Bascially a wash with Megs Gold Class shampoo, followed by Megs stage 2 polish. Did apply Megs Gold Class wax which she bought but the beading didn't last so its now got a coat of Collinite 476 and that stuff is bloody bullet proof I swear.

Collinite12.jpg

Collinite11.jpg

Collinite10.jpg

Collinite8.jpg

Beads like crazy as well -

Imgp1377.jpg

its all in the prep really, ive started using the meg stage 2 polish and find it a bitch sometimes to spread as it seems to thicken up. It seems to be quite dull as well after buffing but once some sealent is on then its a nice shine. Collinite 476 is really good, dodo wax is meant to be top dollar also.

I use the Dodo on my Megane and I have to say the ease of application is easy and bearing in mind how little was used to cover the whole car, the jar should last me forever.

I would probably say though, on a daily drive the Collinite is just as good and half the price though. I'll be using that on my Lupo and the missus Megane every few months.

As you say Andy it is certainly all in the preparation, all waxes will finish quite smililary if the surface your applying it too isn't as it should be. I plan to clay my Lupo then follow that with a good polish, followed up with the Collinite. Haven't found the Megs stage 2 too bad but can be a b!tch to buff off but brought the missus car up really well.

From my experience silver isn't an easy car to get a real reflection off, black is the colour for that.

cheating taking your wheels off!! :lol:

That was because they were away for refurb... and i was in the middle of doing the brakes and suspension!

anyone point me in the right direction for machine polish ? iv recently signed up to detatiled world,

The megs dual action one is a gooden, worth the cash. think its on elitecarcare.co.uk (Link)

Also, The menzerna stuff is good, i have the 3.02 intensive polish, and the final finishing polish Formulated for hard paints such as VAG and Merc paints.

Edited by CasperGTI

I dabble in a spot of detailing here and there and am somewhat of a clean freak. Some of my work is HERE

Menz 3.02 is a cracking polish for VAG paint work. And for the non believers in getting a good shine from silver, I would beg to differ although agreed, when clean you cant beat a black car:

DSCF4761.jpg

As a wax, imo Victoria Councours is the best available in the sub £50 market, although i'd like to try some Dodo Purple Haze.

Andy - a machine polish wont remove the orange peel. You'd have to wet & dry it then machine polish to remove the peel. :shades:

I dabble in a spot of detailing here and there and am somewhat of a clean freak. Some of my work is HERE

Just had a quick look at the pistonheads thread and have to say you worked miracles on that westfield! Awesome work!

sod that then!! :lol: Can you mess the paint up if you do that?

Are you results using menz just by using the machine? How good would it come out using hands?

Yeah wet and drying is not something you'd want to just get stuck in to as you can easliy ruin the paint. It's not that hard with a bit of practice though (on scrap panels).

If you're going to polish by hand, i'd probably say to use something less abrasive - Autoglym Super Resin perhaps. 3.02 is quite abrasive, but the machine breaks it down properly to give a good finish, where as you wouldn't be able to by hand. Those pics have a sealant and wax on top that just add that little extra shine, but as you say, its all in the prep work.

I have used the Megs 3 stage stuff before but then jacked that didnt seem to last long and also was a pain in the ass to get off.

The usuall method i use is:

1.Snow foam

2.Two bucket method

3.Poorboys Black hole(covers up inperfections) Use this every couple of months

4.Sealed with poorboys nattys blue wax which is the absoulute Shizz :D and smells awesome. Can be used as much times as you want.

5.Wheels poorboys sealant and megs wheel brightner

6.Tyre shine Chemical guys tyr shine(last for a good week or so)

7.Megs bumper trim wax

Heres a pic when i cleaned it the other day that was the steps stated above apart from the Black hole polish.

lupoj001bz6.jpg

Huw Pugh you not thought about taking it up as a job, seems to be getting a bigger thing and you seem really good at it.

I was going to buy the megs polishing machine but my mate has just bought one so getting borrow that. So i'll get the car done in my hols.

I have used the Megs 3 stage stuff before but then jacked that didnt seem to last long and also was a pain in the ass to get off.

The usuall method i use is:

1.Snow foam

2.Two bucket method

3.Poorboys Black hole(covers up inperfections) Use this every couple of months

4.Sealed with poorboys nattys blue wax which is the absoulute Shizz :D and smells awesome. Can be used as much times as you want.

5.Wheels poorboys sealant and megs wheel brightner

6.Tyre shine Chemical guys tyr shine(last for a good week or so)

7.Megs bumper trim wax

Heres a pic when i cleaned it the other day that was the steps stated above apart from the Black hole polish.

lupoj001bz6.jpg

Huw Pugh you not thought about taking it up as a job, seems to be getting a bigger thing and you seem really good at it.

I was going to buy the megs polishing machine but my mate has just bought one so getting borrow that. So i'll get the car done in my hols.

I stand corrected, the shine off that silver is spot on mate!! Very impressed with that.

That'll now be a benchmark for me getting my Lupo looking that shiny.

I haven't got any pics of the Dodo Juice on my Megane but I do highly rate it, being colour charged it certainly left a nice warm finish to it. I can't wait to clay and polish the Lupo properly but that will have to wait until I have time in the summer.

Here's some pictures of my Megane, this was only done with Megs stage 3 Carnuba, not exactly long lasting but only does 100 miles a month on average so not too much to worry about. One thing I will never do is go back to liquid waxes though, they simply do not last like a good paste wax!

MeganeSept07_6.jpg

MeganeSept07_4.jpg

MeganeSept07_5.jpg

Still_Shiny_3.jpg

Edited by Alex_225