speakers

hoggys wee arosa

hey just wondering where i can get a good pair of speakers so i can change mine due to them crackling ??

hoggy!!

what sort of speakers you after? size and make and stuff?

the best but no point spending a bomb on them and am not sure wot size it is for the door thats what im looking to find out lol

what sort of speakers you after? size and make and stuff?

the best but no point spending a bomb on them and am not sure wot size it is for the door thats what im looking to find out lol

are you sure its definately the speakers cracking? it could be caused by any of the connections/cabling before the speakers. changing them might not fix the problem.

yeah the same thing happened to me. they started crackling and then the passenger side door speaker stopped workin. thought it was just the connection to the speakers so reconnected them. that didn't work! so i bought new speakers then wired them up and the passenger side still isn't workin so im thinkin there cud be a nick somewhere along the way. gonna get a mechanic to check out is there any power flowin through the wires

• 2 weeks later...

I've just had to replace mine with Kenwood 5 and 1/4 inch ones - £25 the pair and quality is definitely better :shades: . I'd be happy 2 recommend them. I got a mate who has a garage to fit them tho cos the originals are riveted in!!

i stuck in new speakers in my doors and 6x9's on the parcel shelf at the back, the door ones are easy, the back can be a bit tricky, good fun all the same, getting the original door speakers out is easy aswel

how can you get 6 x 9 speakers in the parcel shelf? the shelf is all curved. I'd like to do it too - any pics??

Will get some on, the curved bits act well as you cut out oval templates and the 9" side of the speakers sit nicely on the raised sides of the shelf. hard to explain, al stik some pics on later

why dont you rebuild your parcelshelf just cut out some mdf to match your parcel shelf and the cover it in some material. iv only got normal speakers on it but they could fit 6x9's, also looks neater, ill get a pic up tomoz.

i just cut out the speaker in my door as they are made out of paper and then screwed them into the plastic, had them in for over a year sound great and no problems as yet

Edited by lodgey88

• 3 weeks later...

Today fitted on my arosa mk2 a 2 way kit from mac audio, the mobile 2.16F fitted the tweeters where the originals with a bit of work but the speakers on the doors don't need any spacers, fits without touching the cristal. Sounds so well, 110W and 70W rms!

• 1 year later...