Whos best on insurance?

N!cK!*

About to buy a Lupo GTI and was just wondering if some people could let me know who are the best insurance companies, cheapest etc.

Im 19, male, 1 yr no claims, 2 n alf year driving and 1 at fault claim 2 years ago, been with admiral with my sport and that was £960 this year just gone. Anyone with same kind of details as me would help a bunch. Otherwise any comments are welcome as i need to ring around anyway!

Thanks!

I transferred my insurance over to my GTI at 19 with Elephant, but when that policy ran out moved to Brentacre, they were roughly the same price as Elephant, but included unlimited modifications, excluding engine tuning.

Elephant are the cheapest for me on the GTi.

I'm with admiral for my sport, and getting quotes for a gti they were the cheapest too. 21yr old male 1 yr no claims 3 points.

I was with quinn direct for my first insurance on a different car - 105bhp fiat cinquecento. Paid 875 at 19 they were the cheapest one year, Elephant then beat that quote....

Bought the loop, and paid £800 with one years full no claims (under parents insurance for a few years) Then i had an accident in january that went knock for knock, lost a total of three years no claims.

Got a quote with bell yesterday for my renewal with mods declared £987.68..

Tried brentacre today and they quoted £1300 with unlimited visual mods (suspension brakes etc etc) and up to 25bhp increase in power.

John

Edited by CasperGTI

Your all older and im jelous lol! Best i can find is £590 on top of my £890 i paid on the sport last month so £1480. I still dont think thats awful for a 19 yr old 1 yr no claim an 1 crash. Ah well av 2 get myself a credit card i thinK!

I've always found Elephant cheapest. When I first took out insurance on a Lupo Sport four years ago no other company came remotely near them on price. At last renewal I got an online quote from Admiral (Admiral, Elephant and I think Bell are all owned by the same company) which was cheaper, so I phoned Elephant and they matched it (which almost all companies will do - it's a competitive market and they don't want to lose your business). I could get cheaper still from More Than but that's on the basis that the car is garaged (which it is but like the peace of mind of knowing I can leave it out in the street if I can't be ersed putting it to bed one night). DO NOT INSURE WITH QUINN - I WORK IN INSURANCE AND WOULDN'T TOUCH THE TATTIE MUNCHERS WITH A BARGEPOLE.

im insured with elephant but its on a 1.4 saxo.. but ive also been lookin into insurance for GTi and the cheapest ive found is on diamond.. but if ur a guy try beat that quote do they're own insurance and it was pretty cheap for me.

jst try

www.confused.com

www.beatthatquote.com

www.gocompare.com

www.moneysupermarket.com

all of these will compare all different types of insurance providers and show u the cheapest one .. :D

x x x x

ok i sounded like an advert off a tv or sumin !! lol

money supermarket and gocompare an that are horrific 4 me lol i end up wit like £3500 cheapest on admiral, bt then i go on admirals site and its £1100. Daft! Thanks for all the help!

money supermarket and gocompare an that are horrific 4 me lol i end up wit like £3500 cheapest on admiral, bt then i go on admirals site and its £1100. Daft! Thanks for all the help!

yea i hate that too but sumtimes if u wanna save money u gotta do these things lol

i always seems to get it the other way round.. u go onto the website and enter a few more details and it goes up couple of hundred lol

try andrian flux !! x

jst got a quote on diamond - £1034.75 fully comp ... mmm i were thinkin of gettin a 1.4 sport but ive changed my mind!! hahaha

im only 19 and got no NCB lol driving a year!

Bo!! x

women for ya

Can you handel the stick though? (from friends :lol: )

;)

yes i can handle the stick biatch!!! ive been driving alot longer then u HOMIE!!! :P

when i pick up my gti on probably wednesday, my premium will be £1240 with diamond with me as the main driver with a named driver aswell, im 20 with no ncb and 2 accidents against me so i dont think its too bad considering.

when i come to renew next year though im hoping it will drop quite a bit because il be 21, (hopefully) have 1 years ncb and one of the accidents will be written off. fingers crossed!!!

when i pick up my gti on probably wednesday, my premium will be £1240 with diamond with me as the main driver with a named driver aswell, im 20 with no ncb and 2 accidents against me so i dont think its too bad considering.

when i come to renew next year though im hoping it will drop quite a bit because il be 21, (hopefully) have 1 years ncb and one of the accidents will be written off. fingers crossed!!!

gd luck with that sweetie.. and i love the fact that us girls are rubbin it in that our insurance is cheaper.. and u no why.. COS WE'RE BETTER DRIVERS --- F.A.C.T !!! hahaha

Edited by x smil x