arosa vs lupo (excluding the GTI)

rosarick

lol hope this doesnt cause trouble

obviously it is down to preferance so argue your case?

obv the big vw badge is a plus on the lupo however the arosa looks much nicer (mk2)

take it from the front the arosa: angel headlight

love the alpha romeo sorta lok

oh and what about the kwl boot opening

then ther is the interior same as the lupo gti ive herd (i own a arosa sport if u havnt already guessed)

so

AROSA OR LUPO??

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a huge can of worms to open!

The lupo will come out best here, not because it looks the best (it doesnt!) but because there are about 3x more lupo owners on here as arosa owners!

The arosa looks much nicer (mk2)

take it from the front the arosa: angel headlight

love the alpha romeo sorta lok

Funny you should say that, the guy who helped racelift the arosa for the mk2 stage used to work for the Alfa styling house!

The Arosa is the best looking one of the two, it has to be said. :shades:

I just love the front end, could look at it all day!

Also like the wrap around rear screen and the rear lights, they are very funky and different, but not lexus style rubbish either.

lol exactly :)

so far were winning coz no lupo ppl have posted

haha

sum shud start off an arosa club that wud b kwl

whats this about the rear screen?

didnt realise it was different tbh

yeh the tail lights are sick

shame thy havnt got reflectors in them

we have to have them fings on the bumper init

The rear screen on a lupo has metal round the glass, where as the arosa has glass right to the edge of the bootlid.

P1010371.jpg

10E2.jpg

See the difference?

An Arosa club would be good, although would take a while to get going!

Are you on seatcupra.net? There is an arosa only section on there, all about seats too :lol:

Edited by cardaft

wow great comparison photos mate

i wasnt aware of the rear window tbh

anything else different on the lupos and arosa

i no the interior is a bit different ie we have 2 cup holders

also the seats themselves are differnt

and aparently i heard that the arosa sport's standard suspension is naturaly lower than any other lupo/arosas

not even the lupo sport has the lower springs

would i be right therfore in thinking that the arosa sport has the same springs as the lupo gti?

Erm differences that spring to mind are:

Arosas have:

- pollen filter standard

- S and Sport spec have remote locking, only lupo gtis have that, unless an option.

- Arosa has red back lights for the speedo dials, lupos have blue

- Arosa sports have side airbags (does yours???) no lupos have them!

The Arosa 1.0S has a load more spec than the top spec lupo 1.0, so imo it was the best first car.

Arosas headlights dont just look better, they work a lot better too - having 4 headlights on on full beam.

As for the springs, see my thread CLICKY they are slightly lower yes, and stiffer too.

According to brichures arosas are alittle lighter, maybe less soundproofing, but having been in lupos loads od times i carnt really tell that they are quieter so that might just be an error in the brochure. Lupos do have better rear arch liners, which reduces spray noise in the rain.

The main thing which annoys me is the Arosa didnt have any optional extras as new! Where as the lupo had a load of things.

I see yours has a sunroof?? That must be an aftermarket fit?

wow by the sounds of it the arosa sport is awesome, glad i chose to purchase one! lower insurance group aswell

supose they gave arosa sports more on them as standard and sportier suspension due to their not bein an arosa gti, could you imagine if ther was such a thing that would be immense.

as for my sunroof, yeh i think it must have been fitted after.

its shocking really, wish it wasnt ther lol, all it does is pop out.

makes my motor original i surpose, seeing as no one else has one.

didnt produce the sport in many colours tho

shame coz i like the jazz blue, seen a couple lupo sports round my way in that colour

i do like mine in red tho:) not a fan on other cars mind you!

Hmm, i like th sport spec, especially the red seats, i wish you could get a TDI sport :lol:

An Arosa GTi would have been pretty good yup, wonder why there never was one!

The sport came in silver, black, blue, red, yellow and bola green - which is rare.

Rosarick, is your sport standard? Any pics for the readers rides section?

not many pics yet

will take some soon n put them up on the readers ride.

as for my motor, she is pretty much standard joe at the moment

put a debadged chrome grill on it- only the centre bit wher the 'S' is due to the original one being held on with cable ties when i bort it lol

standard wheels, painted centre caps same red as the body work

i have bort the eibach pro kit lowering springs souuld lower her 35mm all round according to the site

still deciding weather to put them on what is your opinion is regards to ride hight and quality

also im considering buyin an exhaust system for her something like a custom made powerflow n them im sorted lol

oh and considering a bmc cda:)

i own a 52 reg arosa 16v sport...

i like elements of arosas and lupos - i definitely prefer the front end of the arosa, headlights are much better than lupo units, and i also like the cleaner look of the wing/bonnet line from the side (the fact that lupo bonnets kind of wrap over the wing makes the front end look to high and chunky for me)

regarding the rear - i prefer the smaller non-wrap around rear screen of lupos, so i would like to put a lupo tailgate on my arosa but keep the cool seat badge/handle thing.

much prefer lupo lights too, not really a fan of the arosa clusters.

still, Arosa for the win!

lol, note how only arosa owners are commenting..

I was just thinking that.

Maybe we have scared off the lupo owners :lol:

OR ......

Maybe .....

They secretly know Arosas are the better looking twin :lol:

Shall we change the thread title to arosa chat or something! :lol:

Edited by cardaft

i like the idea mate

would like someone to put a strong case in for the lupo mind ya

seems only a tad biased tho lol

Its about taste really. I prefer the Seat branding as it seems more 'sporty' than the steady, reliable VW - thats not lupo/arosa specific, i just prefer Seats branding.

Ill try put the lupo case forward:

VW badging (pains me to say that as i dont see what gives with that! but its mentioned enough)

VW build and reliability (no reason why the arosa isnt the same, it is. Its not like the lupo/arosa is without their faults)

Lupos came with a large (but expensive) options list, so there are nicely specced cars out there.

Late lupo sports have GTi interiors

More people know what a lupo is (might be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it)

Edited by cardaft

Lupoooooo All The Way, I had the choice, and chose Lupo, The front is so much better than a Arosa!

We had this convo the other night Rick lol, btw Lupo's do have 2 cup holders if chosen when new, I would imagine

you would have to do the same with Arosa.

Lupoooooo All The Way, I had the choice, and chose Lupo, The front is so much better than a Arosa!

We had this convo the other night Rick lol, btw Lupo's do have 2 cup holders if chosen when new, I would imagine

you would have to do the same with Arosa.

Its all personal choice though isnt it. So really there is no better one its just what people prefer.

After all we all had the choice didnt we, and what ever we chose to buy is the one we like the most.

Nope, arosas have two cupholders, i think early lupos have too, but after that only GTi lupos have two. For some odd reason, not that it matters really. My TDi doesnt have any, i took them out ;)

Oh, but arosas do get a neat card holder under the dash, with Arosa written on and a card slot either side :P

This is sad, but when ever i see an arosa it makes me smile! Dont get that reaction with lupos, i think the front is a bit plain and boring looking, not stylish like the Arosas.

I dont mean to offened any lupo owners, sorry if i have. I mean if there was a top top spec lupo TDi (recently seen one but was a huge price) then i may be tempted, but i carnt see me swapping my car just for air con and leather. Arosas all the way for me ;)

This could go on forever, people saying why they like arosas over lupos, lupos over arosas. Its which ever you prefer. :)

Edited by cardaft

Its like clothes you would rather have the well known brand, over tesco's own. Even if the tesco's ones were better. The lupo's got a better label, so people are prepared to pay more, and sacrifice features for it. ;) Arosa's are for tight money minded folk. :shades: