Tyre Pressure

It should be inside your filler cap.

All models differ so its best to find out what yours are.

Also people sometimes use a different pressure which suits them.

My TDi is 31 front and 29 rear. My 1.0 is 30 front and 28 rear. Although i do up them a little if loaded or for long distance runs.

Mine are probably a little on the low side but thats how i like them :)

In 'BAR' (the metric version of PSI) its 2.0 for the front and 1.9 at the rear for my 1.4e. As mentioned, there's usually a sticker on the petrol cap door flap saying what it needs, but I'm not sure it gives PSI figures. Most garage tyre pressure machines have a PSI or BAR button to convert between the two.

Edited by LupoEnvy

In 'BAR' (the metric version of PSI) its 2.0 for the front and 1.9 at the rear for my 1.4e. As mentioned, there's usually a sticker on the petrol cap door flap saying what it needs, but I'm not sure it gives PSI figures. Most garage tyre pressure machines have a PSI or BAR button to convert between the two.

Its an odd thing that, Lupos have the pressures written in BAR and Arosas have it written in PSi! I work in PSI so thats handy :lol:

Yeah - BAR is a new one on me too - prefer PSI, but thankfully most tyre pressure machines have both - otherwise I'd be stuck!

2.0 = 29 PSI and 1.9 = 27 PSI

Its often good to try some different pressures and see which is the best for - handling, tyre wear and ride comfort. ;)

Also i dont use petrol station tyre pumps, they are often very inaccurate an often broken :P - plus you should test the pressures when cold, and since you will have driven to the fuel station that warms up the tyres so you will actually have less pressure in the tyres than that gauge is telling you.

Get a little £5 gauge from halfords and a tyre pump. I have one and is very accurate, a compressor makes pumping them up easy too :P

Edited by cardaft

Thanks for the conversions - handy for when I don't have the BAR thingy.

And thanks for the advice on the garage tyre pressure stuff - to be honest, its entirely laziness and convenience that stops me from checking pressures properly and pumping them up myself - I do actually have my own stuff, its just a tad easier when I'm filling up to do it!!! But I agree - for lots of reasons I should do it myself - I'm just lazy - bit like car washing (another weakness of mine which I know isn't good for car in the long run). Time for a lie down...

Haha, i know how you feel. I used to use the petrol station tyre pumps but got bored of going and them not working so i decided to stop being lazy and use the comprssor at home :lol:

I check mine about every two weeks, along with the other 3 everyday cars in the household, 16 tyres to test every two weeks :lol: its become a bit of an obsession now though :huh: carnt have a car with soft tyres!

Does it make a difference if you have different wheels to standard?

Nope, the pressure is set for the weight of the car etc and not the wheels, so you should use whats recommended. :)

Although say if your going from 13" standards to 15" alloys then i would recommend trying a few pressures to see whats best ;)

Edit: saying that there is always a few pressure guides for different size wheels in the filler cap. Does your sport list pressures for 15" wheels? my TDi does, if so use them :) . Should only be 1 or 2 PSI difference though.

Edited by cardaft

Thanks for all the replies! I'll be sure to check the petrol lid thing :)

So from the replies I need to convert the numbers to be able to pump air in my tyres using the garage ones?

Like Phil said, most are in both PSi and BAR. If not then it will be PSI.