Autoglym High Definition Wax

Link to web site:

http://www.highdefinitionwax.com/default.asp

I have used it on the Arosa and im very pleased with the finish, its removed alot of the light swirl marks in the paint and the paint work its self is very smooth!

I have not tryed it on the bora yet but i bet the finish on a metalic silver paint work will be even more stunning!

I recomend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Link to web site:

http://www.highdefinitionwax.com/default.asp

I have used it on the Arosa and im very pleased with the finish, its removed alot of the light swirl marks in the paint and the paint work its self is very smooth!

I have not tryed it on the bora yet but i bet the finish on a metalic silver paint work will be even more stunning!

I recomend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for that. I find that Autoglym stuff is usually pretty good and I have used it for years. I will definitely give this a go. How much is it?

Think its about £40 in the shops tho its that new it may not be available everywhere.

As im in the motor trade i got i cheap :D

Im like you Dougless, ive allways been a Autoglym fan and this is there best polish/Wax!

Yeh it looked good on Gaz's Lupo, £40 though isn't cheap, i'd save my money and go for some Dodo or Collinite which are just as good if not better.

Maby £40 is expensive for it but i didnt pay that for it :D and i have never heard of let alone seen Dodo or Collinite.

You know me Luke, IMO Autoglym is the best you can buy!

I know you get a special deal, so in that case it's well worth having! However i reckon collinite is probably just as good for half the price! You can have a look at the dodo on mine at the pod Luke if you'll stray over to the 32 stand :P

I know you get a special deal, so in that case it's well worth having! However i reckon collinite is probably just as good for half the price! You can have a look at the dodo on mine at the pod Luke if you'll stray over to the 32 stand :P

Look at you on the R32 Stand - posh git!

I got a tub of this at UD, Only used it properly on the bike so far, its bought a really nice deep shine on to that.

Will have a go with it on the loop when the weather improves.

I take it that if it covers swirls it has a high filler content? If so it could be just what I need! Anyone got any before and after shots?

I have not but Lupo Gaz may have, it dont show up as much on a solid colour car but on somthing metalic!

Waxes don't usually contain fillers and i'd be very surprised if this one had considering it's mainly polishes that do that and SRP is VERY filler heavy.

Waxes don't usually contain fillers and i'd be very surprised if this one had considering it's mainly polishes that do that and SRP is VERY filler heavy.

Maybe fillers is the wrong word, I mean fillers like in Megs NXT Tech wax, synthetic polymers or whatever they call them.

If it covers swirls, than it must have some filling properties surely?

Im not a fan of the Dodo stuff. Purely because of the price and how much you get.

The coliinite 476s is the best for the money by far. I havent yet found much that is in the same league, spoken to a few guys on detailing world who agree. Its a real tough wax, Multiple coats will last ages, And you get loads for the price you pay, Im still going on my 1st tin, had it 9 months now!

I was thining of trying out the autoglym, As the resin polish is very good as i use it before waxing the car.

But is t really worth £40? - All they have done is put it in a fancy box!

John

i paid approx £30 for my dodo, orange crush, used two layers on the car for UD and because you use so little the pot still looks brand new and untouched, and its still on the car now shes beading beautifully :)

Maybe fillers is the wrong word, I mean fillers like in Megs NXT Tech wax, synthetic polymers or whatever they call them.

If it covers swirls, than it must have some filling properties surely?

Tech wax is kind of an exception to the rule, as it's not a wax it's a sealant but yes it does contain fillers. True Carnauba waxes don't usually contain fillers and i'd imagine this one doesn't as it will be designed to be used over super resin polish and that's filler heavy. All waxes to some extent will mask defects but it's very slight.

Im not a fan of the Dodo stuff. Purely because of the price and how much you get.

The coliinite 476s is the best for the money by far. I havent yet found much that is in the same league, spoken to a few guys on detailing world who agree. Its a real tough wax, Multiple coats will last ages, And you get loads for the price you pay, Im still going on my 1st tin, had it 9 months now!

I was thining of trying out the autoglym, As the resin polish is very good as i use it before waxing the car.

But is t really worth £40? - All they have done is put it in a fancy box!

John

That's interesting you say that about the dodo wax as i've always read that's it's good value for money. The thing about dodo is that the people who make it are on detailing world, they listen to what people want and they make products to suit their market, they only use the best ingredients and they're 100% honest about what % rates of products go into making their waxes. I've seen dodo wax on a half and half bonnet test with Royale and a vote was made on which side looked better without anyone knowing what was on each half, the dodo was voted as a better finish by everyone there. For those reasons and for the fact i like the way it works that's why i go for it. However i will be investing in some collinite for winter as it's probably the most hard wearing out there.

I really don't think the Autoglym wax is worth £40 and you don't get a lot in the pot, less than you would in a £25 pot of dodo :P

Edited by db

Tech wax is kind of an exception to the rule, as it's not a wax it's a sealant but yes it does contain fillers.

So should I be using a proper wax before the NXT? And then put the NXT over the wax?

Carnauba waxes evaporate over time, so generally speaking you should never put a sealant over a wax as it will make the finish cloudy because it can't evaporate. You can put a wax over sealant to give it some more gloss if you like, that would help the finish. A point to note though is that a wax or a sealant will only give you 5% of your finish, you'll get the majority of your finish from decent prep and polishing :)

I currently use megs NXT tech wash, SRP then the tech wax. Ill put a layer of real wax over the tech wax next time.

Youre making me want to go wash the car!

as far as i can remember the nxt shampoo is very harsh and will strip wax off your paint. you're better off when thats used up investing in a softer shampoo, im currently using the chemical guys bodywash and wax which is mild enough to leave on any wax thats on the car but also removes dirt particles without causing scratches :) the poorboys stuff is pretty good too :)

NXT wash is known to be very harsh, it will strip wax, most detailers will only use it on wheels. Do a search for it on detailing world. My vote is with the Chemical Guys stuff at the moment.

nxt shampoo striping wax jen? dont think so i'm affriad. i used to use it but its very expensive and not that great. if you want a good shampoo get a bottle of megs shampoo plus! top stuff

what luke said :) do a search i don't make this stuff up :)

errrmmmmm, sry to be a nooob, but

can somone list the :

Best shampoos

Waxes

clays

polishes

for me ?

atm i use meguires wax high tech stuff,

after somthing that will realy realy work the scratches out of paint, then somthing to make it realy shiny and glleeeeeeming, thank-you