stuck front grille...

tomnotrevo

hey just wondering how do i remove my front grille entirly... iv taken to two starbolts out and depressed the two clips that i can see but it wont come away from the front panel that the indicators sit in!? need to take it out as all my rear badges are now sprayed white and the front is the odd one out! :(

cheers, Tom

its easyier to remove the panel below the grill with the grill and seperate them afterwards.

the panel is clipped onto the top of the bumper ( which can be unlocked by pushing it up and towards you)

there are 2 plug like fittings that attach to the wings by the headlights

these sit in rubber inserts so a bit of brute force is needed to remove them just be careful not to bend them as they will break

there a bit of a bugger indeed, just take your time when putting it back on too as i snapped a few clips off my new debadged one.

luckily it still fitted though.

so yeah plan of action would be to take your time when your forcing things because as like all the other bits of trim on these cars seem to be made to break when you take it of :lol:

i broke off the bit that screws on when i first got the car! well i had to to get the grill off...was like ah frack ive buggered that up! ive also snapped one of the clips on the bottom of the grill! it seems to hold fine!

but i would agree and say take it easy they are only thin bits of plastic.

ben

sorted!... got it out, got the badge our, separated the chromed part from the back black part, keyed it up, preped it for painting, sprayed it gloss white, left to dry, everything back together and the grille back in, with a bit of hassel but no broken bits at all!! so pretty much good going by the sounds of things!

Cheers for all the help guys! :shades: