3hr Cleaning Session

Well there was a nice break in the weather today so i thought i would treat the loop to a big clean

First i washed twice using the two bucket method with meguiars gold class shampoo and drying with meguiars microfibre towell

3hrCleaningSession001.jpg

3hrCleaningSession003.jpg

3hrCleaningSession004.jpg

3hrCleaningSession005.jpg

3hrCleaningSession007.jpg

Then i applied a coat of mequiars gold class liquid wax using meguiars soft foam applicator pad

3hrCleaningSession008.jpg

3hrCleaningSession009.jpg

3hrCleaningSession010.jpg

3hrCleaningSession011.jpg

3hrCleaningSession012.jpg

I allowed this to dry for 10-15 minutes and buffed off with second meguiars microfibre towell leaving a mirror like finish

3hrCleaningSession014.jpg

3hrCleaningSession015.jpg

3hrCleaningSession016.jpg

3hrCleaningSession018.jpg

3hrCleaningSession019.jpg

3hrCleaningSession020.jpg

3hrCleaningSession021.jpg

3hrCleaningSession022.jpg

3hrCleaningSession023.jpg

Finally i applied meguiars hot shine tyre gel to the tyres using another soft foam applicator pad

3hrCleaningSession024.jpg

These are the products i used

3hrCleaningSession025.jpg

Thanks for looking!!!

Tubo - thanks matey

Joe - yes that was me mate, prime position, left it there over night on sat as i was selling a load of interior sun morning and didn wanna lug it halfway across the site, got away with the £3.50 parking fee lol

Petes 16v sport - very familiar indeed think we are only 2 on here with tafetta green sports

Clairy Fairy - On annual leave from work so had nothing better to do lol and yes megs is the shizzle, gold class gift set was on special offer at UD £25 for the shampoo, wax, tyre gel, exterior detailer spray, interior detailer spray and an applicator pad

also bought these at UD and been waiting to clean car so i could stick them on, finally got the chance today

stickers.jpg

both rear windows have these stickers

and yes that is specs of rain grrrrr, sods law huh?

Your exhaust hangs low like mine...must be the heavy back box bending after time. Cant be the brackets and rubbers as mine are new so dont try. :wacko:

Good job on the wax, what are your opinions on the meguiars wax as I was thinking of buying some? Can't really tell from your pictures as it was overcast. Any marks left behind? etc.

-Nick-

Your exhaust hangs low like mine...must be the heavy back box bending after time. Cant be the brackets and rubbers as mine are new so dont try. :wacko:

Good job on the wax, what are your opinions on the meguiars wax as I was thinking of buying some? Can't really tell from your pictures as it was overcast. Any marks left behind? etc.

-Nick-

i cannot fault the wax, i use to use the mequiarts nxt generation wax but this stuff is 10x better, if i was to buy more wax then it would definately be the gold class, no marks left behind at all and leaves the paint looking really wet, the pictures dont really do the job justice but believe me it is like a mirror

thanks for all the positives guys

i am also a big fan of gold class wax but the only problem is that it doesnt last very long at all, i only get maybe 3-4 weeks at most. i usually have collinit 476 underneeth.

does have a deep look to it tho!

good shine and depth to say you didnt use a polish or anything underneeth

i am also a big fan of gold class wax but the only problem is that it doesnt last very long at all, i only get maybe 3-4 weeks at most. i usually have collinit 476 underneeth.

does have a deep look to it tho!

good shine and depth to say you didnt use a polish or anything underneeth

unfortunately polish is the one thing i dont own believe it or not lol! paint is in good condition so luckily i dont need to polish. i usually wash every week and wax every two weeks just to keep it safe from the elements lol! hard work but the self satisfaction and good comments from you guys takes away most of the pain.

just out of interest how much is the collinet and how well is the application and removal?

cheers

what do you mean you dont need to polish?! lol. try 2 layers of auto glym super resin polish and you will be super surprised at the results, polish and wax are 2 totally different things.

i think collinite is about £15 but lasts a long time, its not the smoothest wax to apply and remove, harder than gold class but well worth it in my opinion.

the other thing i noticed is that you are puttinbg you wax on very very thick, spread it out more, it will have the same effect but not use as much and wont be as hard to remove.

what do you mean you dont need to polish?! lol. try 2 layers of auto glym super resin polish and you will be super surprised at the results, polish and wax are 2 totally different things.

i think collinite is about £15 but lasts a long time, its not the smoothest wax to apply and remove, harder than gold class but well worth it in my opinion.

the other thing i noticed is that you are puttinbg you wax on very very thick, spread it out more, it will have the same effect but not use as much and wont be as hard to remove.

cool cheers matt, will have to invest for next time, need something to get rid of fine swirls luckily they are not to bad at moment, would the autoglym super resin do this? if so what is best way to apply small circular motions or small vertical strokes then over the top with horizontal strokes?

you will very much struggle to rid vw paint of swirls by hand as it is a very hard paint. Best bet is to try and fill/mask them and this is what super resin polish does. You will like the results.

If you are investing then get a clay bar kit and clay your whole car then polish then wax.

as for applying polish, it has to be worked in, i apply this in swirly motions with the proper applicator. As for wax i like to do straight lines as it helps me to get a thinner layer on and it doesnt have to be worked into the paint

you will very much struggle to rid vw paint of swirls by hand as it is a very hard paint. Best bet is to try and fill/mask them and this is what super resin polish does. You will like the results.

If you are investing then get a clay bar kit and clay your whole car then polish then wax.

as for applying polish, it has to be worked in, i apply this in swirly motions with the proper applicator. As for wax i like to do straight lines as it helps me to get a thinner layer on and it doesnt have to be worked into the paint

cheers fella, take it the clay bar is applied like a paste wax??? i have a friend who knows a friend who can lend me machine for day or so haha

nooo, the clay bar is used with a lubricant to rub over the paint and remove surface contaminents (hmm spelling).

depending on what machine you are borrowing i would be careful as you can burn paint if you dont know what yoour doing.

if you are serious about the cleaning stuff get yourself on www.detailingworld.co.uk and have a browse, it gets complex and addictive tho!

if you are serious about the cleaning stuff get yourself on www.detailingworld.co.uk and have a browse, it gets complex and addictive tho!
Agree here with Matty i cant believe how much things there is out there for cleaning a car, i would also watch using one of these machines as you can damage the paint even more than before! I would recomend to use wax after you have polished as this just seals the polish and will give it that lasting glossy look!
Agree here with Matty i cant believe how much things there is out there for cleaning a car, i would also watch using one of these machines as you can damage the paint even more than before! I would recomend to use wax after you have polished as this just seals the polish and will give it that lasting glossy look!

nooo, the clay bar is used with a lubricant to rub over the paint and remove surface contaminents (hmm spelling).

depending on what machine you are borrowing i would be careful as you can burn paint if you dont know what yoour doing.

I've been a valeter in the car trade for years and cant promote clay bars enough, they are fantastic and will clean you're paint to leave it smooth as a babys bum. Swirls and other small imperfections can be removed by mopping the car and to my mind will do a better job than anything else, if you've not used a mop before or unsure, then plese leave it to someone that does, its not just paint that can get damaged, i've seen guys muller plastic trim with one of these.

looks smart that m8 very nice and clean. the shirt is abit dirty tho :P only jkin m8.

^ Whoah dude what happened to the English?!

Had a look on that detialing website - that Ferarri is STUNNING