PICTURE REQUEST: 9J Wheels on a Lupo

dannyjay

I post mainly on edition38, but I'm quite interested in a Lupo 1.4 16v Sport, and want to know and see some 16" wheels, and/or 9J rears on a lupo!! (Pref the sport if poss)

Can anyone help?

And don't say they won't fit, because I've got 9J on a saxo at the moment (lol, first car so sod off) :)

Thanks in advance.

Edited by dannyjay

hahaha, anything fits mate... i think adam (rameriz) (cant spell) has 9's on his seat

Is that the green beast? I keep seing these 13/14" wideboys, but I'm getting scared the 16s will be abit tricky! - Could always sell them (there 4x100 too), lol.

Any one got any pictures of Lupo's (Pref Sports) with the above size wheels on? I've looked through a few forums and can only find 13/14x9's!! Any with 16s on? :)

Thanks.

perosnally on non gti i think 16's look far too big never mind a 9j but each to their own

15x9 maybe at a push and thats already alot of arch work

16 by 9s on the back... Good luck, your really going to need it!

First thing to consider is ET, get that wrong and you can give up now.

Then due to the height of the rim your wanting, your going to be cutting it very fine with fuel filler neck.

Finaly, you will need to roll and flair the arche's to get it away from nose bleed ride height.

16 by 9s on the back... Good luck, your really going to need it!

First thing to consider is ET, get that wrong and you can give up now.

Then due to the height of the rim your wanting, your going to be cutting it very fine with fuel filler neck.

Finaly, you will need to roll and flair the arche's to get it away from nose bleed ride height.

Fronts are ET30 7.5J

Rears are ET35 9J

Have Dunlop 195/40/16s allround.

Obviously I won't be able to slam it to the floor, but if I get some stiff coilies, I can get it down a fair bit.

ive got 8 by 16s on ,mine and trust me thats a tight squezze ive had arch work because without it your tyres are dust!

et25 will sit just outside the rear arch ever so slightly.

So realisitcly you want to be aiming for et 15-25 depending on how phat you want your stance, but you will need to run bumpstops and have your archs rolled.

@ dubsy , what offsets are you running, and you got any pics?

I rekon its possible, and would look quality if the car was run LOwwwwwwww

et25 will sit just outside the rear arch ever so slightly.

So realisitcly you want to be aiming for et 15-25 depending on how phat you want your stance, but you will need to run bumpstops and have your archs rolled.

@ dubsy , what offsets are you running, and you got any pics?

I rekon its possible, and would look quality if the car was run LOwwwwwwww

So would i need 10/15/20mm spacers? It's a project so I think I'd like to persue it.

Rolling the arches shouldn't be to much of a problem, just aslong as I get the wheels sitting correctly, I have the biggest stretch I can get on the rear so its possible then?

This is going to take a lot of work. The offset is prob a tad high to avoid clearance on the inside but if you go much lower they will rub even if the arches are pulled as well as rolled. Best bet is to trial fit so you will see the probs you'll encounter. I wouldn't buy the wheels first then get them to fit cos I'm still not convinced it's possible. Just for your info I have 8x16 with 195/40's on the back of my gti with rolled arches running et 30 and wound down on coiles and I have about 2mm clearance!!

This is going to take a lot of work. The offset is prob a tad high to avoid clearance on the inside but if you go much lower they will rub even if the arches are pulled as well as rolled. Best bet is to trial fit so you will see the probs you'll encounter. I wouldn't buy the wheels first then get them to fit cos I'm still not convinced it's possible. Just for your info I have 8x16 with 195/40's on the back of my gti with rolled arches running et 30 and wound down on coiles and I have about 2mm clearance!!

I already own the wheels, there currently on my Saxo (as above). I assume to clear the inside I'd just need some small spacers.

But is there any different in the arches to the sport? Or are they the same? And if there is, how much arch do I lose on the sport?

Edited by dannyjay

personal opinion...will look too big, again personal opinion 15's are big enough for the lupo, especially a sport with smaller arches.

and to me, thinking logically, if the et of your wheels means its too far in but still too wide...adding a spacer will make it wider...therefore its a loose loose situation

standard et of sport wheels is et38 (i think) on a 15x6 (again i think) wheel

theyll fit but you will be up in the air or in need of serious arch mods so depends how much you actually want a lupo or just love a set of wheels really.

:)

Edited by Jen

i run 8 et14 in a 15 so at ur current offset of 35 the wheel would sit 8mm further in than mine on a 9. i reckon if u could get the offset down to 25ish then ur wheels would sit 2mm more proud of the arches than mine. this is only looking at the outer arch problem im not sure what offset ud need to drop to clear the inner problems. obviously the wheel is a bit bigger but i reckon if u rolled the arches and had them pulled with decent coilovers ud get em on.

Glen

i run 8 et14 in a 15 so at ur current offset of 35 the wheel would sit 8mm further in than mine on a 9. i reckon if u could get the offset down to 25ish then ur wheels would sit 2mm more proud of the arches than mine. this is only looking at the outer arch problem im not sure what offset ud need to drop to clear the inner problems. obviously the wheel is a bit bigger but i reckon if u rolled the arches and had them pulled with decent coilovers ud get em on.

Glen

I'm taking that I'd only need to spacer the rears out, not the fronts?

And for people saying they like 15s, I do to but I'm trying to work with what I have at the moment and try something different - If they look knickers, I'll sell them but I want to try it all first (I think :lol:)

i take it these wheels are multi fitement?

cos saxos run 4x108 and lupos are 4x100??

Yes, both 4x100 and 4x108 - Was rare finding them in multifitment.