What a start.....

aarghbee

I bought my first car on thursday. A red Lupo 1.4 E. I was so pleased with it and still am.

First of all I noticed that the spare wheel was the wrong size to the rest of them and I found a bulge in the side of the rear passenger tyre and the front ones were as bald as Kojak. THEN I was driving a mate back from work when from out of nowhere a stone jumped me and cracked my windscreen! Annoyed, I drove home and sulked. I checked it later that night and the crack had grown tenfold!

Fantastic.

I'm just glad it's a Lupo or else I would have beaten the car to a messy pulp.

Lol! Sounds similar to my experience with a red lupo E!!

I bought it and within 3 days was told it needed a whole new exhaust as had been patched and bodged for the sale. Then found out it needed new throttle body and last week the water pump (and cam belt) went - so am waiting to find out whether the cam belt going has bent anything else, before I pay my next big installment to the mechanic!!!

Must be an unlucky colour!!!

Welcome :)

Are you sure the spare is not just a space saver or it it totally wrong?

Tyres are something you check before you buy the car ;)

Shame about your screen though, hopefully your luck will get better with your little loop :)

I know I really should have checked the tyres before buying but me and my brother were late going to view the car and we had to drive three hours to get there and it was dark and andandand.....ach!

I just wanted my first car to be a Loop and everything else is in great condition for £1800.

The spare is a 185/60 and the rest are 175/65.

I may start a thread in the 'Readers Rides' And show you what I'm doing to it. Nothing drastic just clean it up on the cheap.

Don't worry, I've had 2 Lupos and both of them have had new windscreens more or less as soon as I have got them (one was leaking and the VW dealer smashed the other one!!!) so I really wouldn't worry about it.

Having bald tyres also gives you a good excuse to get a set of alloys :shades:

I know I really should have checked the tyres before buying but me and my brother were late going to view the car and we had to drive three hours to get there and it was dark and andandand.....ach!

I just wanted my first car to be a Loop and everything else is in great condition for £1800.

The spare is a 185/60 and the rest are 175/65.

I may start a thread in the 'Readers Rides' And show you what I'm doing to it. Nothing drastic just clean it up on the cheap.

Sounds like someones been playing with the tyres\wheels.

185/55 is standard if they're 14" rims

whilst 155/70 on 13" rims..

185/60/14 is oversized and standard for a MK1/2 Golf.

Ray

Hmm. Sounds like you know your stuff.

I don't think I'm going to go down the alloy route. I saw how nice those white steelies looked on the Pea Lupo and I'm gonna go for that.

The RAC replaced the windscreen today! Only took half an hour. Plus I got a free bag!!! Get in!