weird smell

breamy

The one with the coolent in :)

Rotten egg smell could be caused by a broken cat maybe, although wouldnt think you would smell it inside.

Maybe its the AC if you have it?

Edited by cardaft

Dunno if my eggs stop, or if i just get used to it...i reckon its a combo of a car with a/c and having the heaters on ALOT recently.

Remedy? Buy an AC bomb from VW, detonate it and chuck it in the footwell. Whack the AC on full blast and wait till it clears it out.

:)

usually smell of eggs is from the cat converter, get that checked out

But surely if the cat is going/has gone, there's be a serious lack in power?

Having said that, my car has got a bit louder :blink: I remember when the cat went in my A3 i had litterally no power whatsoever, but i sounded like a Scoobie hehe

Hope it isnt the cat :(

Just spoke to my Ex-Mechanic Dad, he said that Cat Converters always smell like bad egg, but we just never notice/wouldnt be able to smell it from the insdie :) and what with the weather being like it is, its bound to be a bit whiffy.

(Personally i think he's fibbing coz he knows id be straight down to Longlife for a de-cat :shades: but who am i to diss over 40yrs experience with mechanics?!)

Thaught i smelled eggs today, but then realised they were spreading pig ***** on the feild by our house and the dog in the boot had let one off :rolleyes: