Custom brake caliper brackets

vworks41

As above, Does any one know of company's that do custom adapter brackets for 4 and 6 pot calipers?

Or should any good machinist be able to do this.

Edited by vworks41

Any good machinist, or anyone with access to autocad and a cnc 3 axis milling machine.

If you have autocad you can create a drawing of what you want yourself. and take it to a machine shop with it on a usb pen, and they will produce it..

Or alternativly, find someone doing an engineering degree at university with access to the uni's machine shop. And get them to do it on the cnc milling machine in an evening.

Much cheaper.

John

Edited by Casper1496

funny you should talk about this, i spent all day yesterday on CAD and on the CNC miller experimenting with Brembo calipers for my mates punto!

OK so if i wanted some one to do this what kind of info would they need to do it? i dont know much about this sort of stuff so any help would be cool :)

well, i'm hoping GTi T will come and tell me some sizes lol.

i need to know the pitch of the holes on the original caliper. and the pitch of the holes on the new brake caliper.

and some sort of shape etc. tbh i could do to have the bits in front of me to get it perfect.

Which brake set up, are you after??

There are plenty of 4 pot choices out there without making up brackets! :wacko:

Well i was going for the willwood set up. But I've now bought something far more special now :)

Just need to make it fit! but thats the fun bit of modifying, doing things that know one else has done ;)

how do you know someone has not got the same brakes on a golf and has the brackets already made ?????

you could be spending extra money for no reason !!!

how do you know someone has not got the same brakes on a golf and has the brackets already made ?????

you could be spending extra money for no reason !!!

True, but i just know they havnt :P

True, but i just know they havnt :P

well if you are willing to spend money just to have brakes that no one else has then fair play

i like spending the lest i can for the best i can get so willwoods for me lol

i guess its scooby or skyline brakes

Edited by noddy1

well if you are willing to spend money just to have brakes that no one else has then fair play

i like spending the lest i can for the best i can get so willwoods for me lol

i guess its scooby or skyline brakes

yeah i must admit willwoods are an excellent option!

I've managed to find some one how can do the billet brackets for nothing aswell now, so I'm guna give it ago :)

I had box fresh 4 pot Brembos with brackets which would have gone straight on. I think :wacko::lol:

Completely agree with your modding philosophy ;) although saving money is key! ;)

Edited by matt a

yeah i must admit willwoods are an excellent option!

I've managed to find some one how can do the billet brackets for nothing aswell now, so I'm guna give it ago :)

free is always good

what size disc's are they ment for ?? what car as well ??
lol, they will never fit. what they from!?

Believe it or not they can run discs from 300mm to 355mm and even though they look massive they're actually about the same width as the standard caliper.

janspeed137.jpg

You can run them with 15's as well, but it would have to be something like Mo's or a speedline.

Theyre from ford motorsport and used on there wrc super 1600's :)

Ford_Fiesta_JWRC_31.jpg

janspeed122.jpg