Citreon Ax GT

g-man85

Sounds like a very nice one you had there, shame there isnt any around now in good nick :huh:

I always wanted an AX strangely enough!

Actually how many Novas do you see now! Not many at all really, and again none have escaped chav ownership! I always liked the SR, someone i know had a bright yellow and grey one from new, looks nice with its sporty interior and grey wheels. Carnt believe im talking about a nova! :lol:

Edited by cardaft

I used to take my car to Haverigg for servicing, and I'd get loaned a J reg 1.4 AX while mine was being worked on. My god that thing was scary. Granted it was a loaner, so almost nothing worked on it, but it used to fly. I guess the fact the car is a bean can helps somewhat. The brakes were a little scary on it though.

my mate used to have one, he crashed it and is very lucky to still be my mate.

they are appauling in an accident. scary to look at the pictures of some that have been crashed

They are worse then a renault 5 in an accident. I was looking for one back in the day either that or a ren 5, I went to my mates place (N E motorsalvage) and we looked at the crash damaged ones as there were a few, it was more like spot which one has no blood on he seats, most of them the engine was in the driver or passenger seat, this soon put me off as it dosent matter how good a driver you are some one may put you in the back of something or a post.

I would say these days its probably not good getting an unsafe car as a daily runner.

N-cap is up to 4-5 in some small cars now and bearing in mind there about -1 if there was one then.

I used to sell citroens and I drove a C1 1.0 petrol, there very quick for a small 68bhp car but did you know you can turbo them for not much money????

Now you have a small cheap fast safe(ncap4) car.

http://images.eurotuner.com/images/eurp_07..._motor_show.jpg

http://images.eurotuner.com/images/eurp_07..._motor_show.jpg

But I would still have a Lupo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by nev

I had a gt before my sport. Last of the gt's with the mk 2 interior (which is a must). Twin port solex carb, had the engine rebuilt which cost a bit (head gasget failed on the alloy block). Then sold it because the electrics and heater matrix failed.

side.jpg

f_side.jpg

Was a great little car that pulled low down and revved high, arosa felt slower when i got it. But is alot safer.

Last time I checked it was still on the road.

Wow Visa GTis are proper old now, didnt even think people could remember them :lol:

ZX Volcane was much of a hot hatch IIRC.

The 1.0 C1 is awful imo, i had a 107 for week as a loan car, god it was so noisey, totally guttless and was so cheap and tacky. To let people in the back the front seats would then go to the most forward and upright position, how annoying!

Although Nev i do remember you saying at a meet that lots of C1s differ from being slow and quick? I think i must have got a slow one! Still though an easy turbo fittment would be nice, still doesnt make it a nice car though :huh: And i generally like citroens!

Missed my 1.0 Arosa so badly when i was driving that, was hidiuos. TO make things worse it was bright red, felt like a clowns toy car!

Edited by cardaft

Although i've been in a standard one and it must rate as one of the worst cars ever.

You've not been in many cars then ;) If its a minty and is running right then they are quite good little cars, maybe not most people cup of tea but they arnt too bad. I can think of far far worse!

I think they are fun to drive too, some people seem to think fun driving is all about speed, but it aint. Who cares about cornering quickly when you can have just as much if not probably more fun in rolly polly car.

I remember when i had a passeneger in my AX and cornered at any kind of speed the corners of the front mudflaps would scrub along the road! Was just good fun though! and felt very settled on the raod thanks to its lightness, although thinking about it i bet it would have rolled over quite easily :lol:

Wouldnt mind a french car again next, they beat German cars for having the fun factor! Why isnt there any decent Citroen forums!

150BHP in an AX would be quite something though!

I've been in loads of cars, it was still utter crap.

The quality was, well, French. My feet would have made more affective brakes, the handling was on par with standard Lupo scary-ness, with added wallow. God help anyone who ever crashes one.

They're just horrible little cars.

I can not beieve anyone would have a rover 100/metro over any other car on the road! THey are the worst things ever, thank god they have just about died out now.

wash your mouth out i had a 1.4d and that was such a fun car i loved it till someone hit me in it

zx volcane my mate had one as his first car was ok very nippy for a first car he now has a bmw e46 m3 at 24 :huh: