Removing body panels///

Basically... (i'll get some photots up later) I gave my a quick was today, and i realized it's rotting everywhere :coffee:

I'm planning on being a gimp and replacing the front two panels since they are the main issue revolving around the rust..

Im thinking leaving them black (satin black?) and just wait until the summer.. So i'll be running rat for a while.

How difficult is it to remove panels and replace?

Best place to find some?

I found this but if you know better please add

http://bap.dominohosting.biz/bap/bapdb01.n...ent&Ret=ALL

Ermm cheers :)

Front wings just bolt on, infact you can see where on that diagram. TBH theres no point putting new wings on unless they're going to be painted as they'll just go bad again very quickly, a half decent bodyshop should be able to sort out your wings any way as they weren't that bad when I saw them. :)

Front wings just bolt on, infact you can see where on that diagram. TBH theres no point putting new wings on unless they're going to be painted as they'll just go bad again very quickly, a half decent bodyshop should be able to sort out your wings any way as they weren't that bad when I saw them. :)

Lol, good point!

I need to actually think before spamming sometimes :rolleyes:

I just can't afford a full respray at the moment hence the dodge black panels i thought would be rather funny!

Lol, good point!

I need to actually think before spamming sometimes :rolleyes:

I just can't afford a full respray at the moment hence the dodge black panels i thought would be rather funny!

get different colour ones from a scrappy, and go about with a patchwork coloured car. There's a polo near me that's been done in similar style, although i think theirs was bought like that, pretty much every panel/door/etc is a different colour, looks quite unique (although we did it first on my mum's old dyane :)

get different colour ones from a scrappy, and go about with a patchwork coloured car. There's a polo near me that's been done in similar style, although i think theirs was bought like that, pretty much every panel/door/etc is a different colour, looks quite unique (although we did it first on my mum's old dyane :)

im sure there was a limited number of they polo's that u could buy like that from the dealers.colour concept comes to mind but im sure im wrong someone will probably correct me tho....im sure iv seen a mk3 golf the same.

im sure there was a limited number of they polo's that u could buy like that from the dealers.colour concept comes to mind but im sure im wrong someone will probably correct me tho....im sure iv seen a mk3 golf the same.

Polo Harlequin - came in multicolours (red, blue, green and yellow I think) :D

I found the wings on my donor wouldn't come off...we undid all the screws, but they were welded onto the sills so we would have needed to get an angle grinder to them. Don't know if that was a dodgy repair or standard fitment though......

Edited by lunalupi