can i make my 1.4 mpi 8 valve engine go faster?

tuktukboomArosa

well i've not had much experience with any of them so i'll just reccomend an induction kit, exhaust and possibly a manifold, and get a remap... surely someone else will be along to reccomend somemore... :)

Depends how much you want to tune it?

You might be able to use the bottom end of the 1.6 8v engines used in the mk4 polo's.

I think the 1.6 8v mpi engine's in the Polo have 75hp, which were used in the mk3 golf. However there was also a 100hp version of the 1.6 engine in the 'rolling stone' edition of a mk3 golf. That might use different injectors which could help....

But thats tuning using other engine parts and changing pretty much major components.

I don't think with the 1.4 8v mpi there's massive tuning ability to be honest from what i've seen on clublupo

Edited by g-man85

I think all Arosa 1.4's except the sport are 8v's, whereas the lupo only came 16v on all models

Yeah your right.

Polos (mk5) came with the 1.4 8v (60) 1.4 16v (75) but the arosa only got the 8v and the lupo the 16v. Although i think 8v lupos are around in other countries.

Carnt imagine there be too much you can do on a 1.4 8v, its very similar to the 1.0 8v engine i think and there isnt much to do to that either.

Wack a turbo on it ;)

cheeers for the info people, was lookin at easy cheapish option lol

but no worries thankyou :)

Cheapest options in reality depends on what you use the car for, as these can include stripping out bits that you don't need i.e rear seats, spare wheel, rear seat belts...... Lightening a car is the cheapest way to make a car go faster (free!) :lol:

For induction, unless you get a cold air feed they can often give no power benefits. Plus I keep reading test done on cheap induction kits having poor filtration partical rates (i.e. let the crud through), which isn't great for the engine. You could always go for the panel filter (K&N) then drill holes in the air box (side away from the engine) which will give you a slightly more induction type noise and maintain the original cold air feed.

Other than that de-cat pipe which are cheapish (£70-90 to be made I remember from a rough quote -Needs to be replaced for MOT)

If you're on a budget might be worth considering that all the mods added together (induction kit, decat, exhaust) at the most will gain around 5hp on your engine, as if I recall its 60hp???