1.4 tdi Allard Phase 3 project planned

watkins4378

1.4 tdi Allard Phase 3 project planned  

13 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Arosa = Cant Pick It

But the Arosa Looks To Have The Meaner Front End Out Of The Two,

Which Is A Bonus If Your Male ;)

Plus I Always See Grannys And Grandads In Lupos, Never Seen Any In An Arosa Though :P

I would pick the arosa because they are the same car (near enough) but cheaper.

Although i do prefere the looks of a Lupo i can't justify it being £1k+ more.

Arosa for me for sure, which is why i have two :D

Its better value for money, same car for less but still with all the same quality and reliability since they have the same engine. And people who says the lupo has a better quality interior, i dont agree 100% - the lupo has a more bobbled finished dash and different upholstery finishes but really its the same quality.

Has roughly the same spec if a tiny bit better - all the lupo TDi Sport has over the Arosa TDi S is electric mirrors, when really you set them and leave them so why the need for electric! but you do get heated mirrors and washer jets too. (although later sports (03>) have GTi seats)

Arosas have Remote cetral locking, lupos only have central locking

Arosas have a pollen filter, lupos dont.

Arosa is much better looking at the front, ok so people say the lupo is cute, but why do i want a cute car :wacko: i dont really, so the more aggressive looking arosa was my choice.

Plus i like the Seat brand image too, there arnt too many seats on the road compared to other cars and that makes it a little more unique. Plus IMO Seat is the more sporting brand isnt it, over VW and Skoda.

And Arosas are rarer than a lupo, when i do see an arosa coming towards me it always me me smile a litte.

Its just what you prefer i guess.

And no pulling me up on what ive said, its an opinion poll/thread ;)

Edited by cardaft

Poll fixed.

Tigz, thanks for fixing the poll !

The Arosa is ahead, just. I wondered are both cars equally easy to modify in terms of wheels, brakes and suspension.

One factor could be sourcing a lupo gti / leather interior at a much later date.

Thanks for your contributions

Ian

N.B Taken a look at the arosa's on autotrader the 2001 model doesn't look the same as 2002, can anyone comment?

The thing with having a poll on here is that most people here drive a lupo, so will vote for the VW, im actually quite suprised the Seat is winning the poll. But of course it should be :D

Its exactly the same car so wheels, suspension etc will fit the arosa if they fit the lupo.

It depends what you want, which you like the look of and how much your wanting to spend. ALthough i carnt see the reason in spending more for a lupo TDi and getting a 'cute' car, when you could have the arosa for much less.

And TDis are about good fuel economy to reduce costs amongst other things, so why buy the more expensive car.

For me its about the look of the front of the arosa over its value for money, ive never considered buying a lupo when i was looking for either of my two arosas.

N.B Taken a look at the arosa's on autotrader the 2001 model doesn't look the same as 2002, can anyone comment?

In what way isnt is the same? It should be :wacko:

There were a few changes along the line, early models got red rear lights instead of the black ones on later cars, 2003> has a dark interior and pass airbag as standard.

Ill have a look on autotrader and see if i can find what you mean :)

The Arosa is ahead, just. I wondered are both cars equally easy to modify in terms of wheels, brakes and suspension.

One factor could be sourcing a lupo gti / leather interior at a much later date.

Yup, identical.. plus 95% of interior bits are interchangeable.

You're not confusing MK1 and MK2 Arosas are you? There was no TDI available in MK1 form, only an SDI.

Other than that, the only differences may be wheels/rear light clusters and towards the very end of the production runs - interior trim.

Yep you carnt buy a mk1 TDi, only mk2s, its pretty obvious which one is which though.

The Arosa had varying spec through its life.

The blue TDi on autotrader (y reg) is an early with red rear lights. But other than that its the same as any other one.

Colours vary, black wasnt available on the TDi until around 02 reg for example.

But really they are the same, you get mk2 phase one and mk2 phase 2. Phase two TDis have a dark interior, a passenger air bag (option on ones before) and also a cd player - although lots have this as an option.

So not much in it really.

I went for mine (mk2 phase2 - 02 reg) since it was a good buy, FSSH and very low mileage at the time. Which is really how you chose one, and not on what colour and what ever, otherwise you could end up with a bit of a dud car. Although ive become to like the black now, looks super clean.

Edited by cardaft

Hi, Looking again at autotrader it seems I was comparing a red sdi with a 'silver' tdi and so the difference between the phase 1 and 2 tdi's doesn't seem to be a factor.

Do you think a lupo leather interior - one is being sold on ebay [email=http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Lupo-GTI-full-leather-interior_W0QQitemZ120168557501QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10374QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQc

ZViewItem]here would fit the arosa?

Again, thanks for everyone's contributions.

When the lupo/ arosa decision has been made I wondered if anyone lived near Gloucester as Allard's have asked to look at the engine layout of the car to make a decision about what is possible?

I wouldn't think that I would be in a position to go to allard's before June 08.

Best wishes

ian

Yep you carnt buy a mk1 TDi, only mk2s, its pretty obvious which one is which though.

The Arosa had varying spec through its life.

The blue TDi on autotrader (y reg) is an early with red rear lights. But other than that its the same as any other one.

Colours vary, black wasnt available on the TDi until around 02 reg for example.

But really they are the same, you get mk2 phase one and mk2 phase 2. Phase two TDis have a dark interior, a passenger air bag (option on ones before) and also a cd player - although lots have this as an option.

So not much in it really.

I went for mine (mk2 phase2 - 02 reg) since it was a good buy, FSSH and very low mileage at the time. Which is really how you chose one, and not on what colour and what ever, otherwise you could end up with a bit of a dud car. Although ive become to like the black now, looks super clean.

Hi,

I think one big problem could be fitting the larger vnt 1749 from a tdi pd150 onto the manifold.

If you look at a standard 1.4 tdi pd75 turbo/ manifold, copt and paste link:

http://cgi.ebay.de/Turbolader-fuer-VW-Polo...bayphotohosting

I hope you can see the pic?

It looks as though the manifold is 3/4 of the 1.9 tdi engine. That is there are 2 branches spaced close together and 1 branch further apart. This might make it possible to adapt the 1.9 tdi manifoild and fit an adapter. Otherwise a custom manifold may have to be fabriacted ( looking into this)

Does anyone have comments?

Ive no idea what turbo they use TBH, it probably is the same throughout production though, but all kinds of thinks have been mentioned.

Have a look here: http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=37037&hl=

Hi , thanks for the post - I took a look at the thread - Iam trying to stretch the normal tuning boundaries.

I have found the turbo is a garrett gt1544 family and has a wastegate - NOT VNT.

Ian