drive by wire

airwolf

av just bought a seat arosa sport and found out it has drive by wire throttle wot ever that is how would i go about changing it to throttle cable???wot would i need?? as personaly i think its crap it like driving a automatic the way u got to plant the throttle to get any were :confused:

you would need an entire wiring harness from a none fbw car including ecu and key,.......oh and a pedal and a throttle body, also the dash would need to come out and the fbw unit removed from the top of the pedal box.

Not going to be something you can change on the cheap. No matter what you do to the throttle an arosa isn't going to pin you to your chair lol

argh rite thats a shame as it the only thing letting the car down lol oh well it got good throttle wen un plant it it just got no feeling to it when u drive thanks any way :lol:

I dont understand really, why is cable better than DBW?

I can understand you get a little more feel but i carnt see why that is too important for an accelerator pedal. Im my experience cable ones can feel funny and not smooth to use.

Although for some reason, anyone tell me why???, on the arosa/lupo it stops you left foot braking as it takes the revs away. So id rather have a cable for that reason, although i dont left foot brake, its hany when bedding in new pads :lol:

When your brake light switch is activated the engine goes into limp home mode.

Thats why its better to have a cable operated throttle ;)

DSC00346.jpg

thanks for the pic and u know wot ill put up with it just out of intrest how long did it take u to do the job start to finish and how much swearing involved?? :coffee:

thanks for the pic and u know wot ill put up with it just out of intrest how long did it take u to do the job start to finish and how much swearing involved?? :coffee:

just over 3 years i think :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

just over 3 years i think :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

3 years bloody hell dont think ill bother il make do with the fbw and ill just stick a air filter on and cope :rolleyes:

3 years bloody hell dont think ill bother il make do with the fbw and ill just stick a air filter on and cope :rolleyes:

thats 3 years and still counting its in tuning top thread good read if your in to that sort of thing ;)

There is an inline box of tricks you can buy that is supposed to make DBW more responsive, will put a link up if I remember who does it.

seen these on ebay adds 40bhp too :shades:

seen these on ebay adds 40bhp too :shades:
sounds intresting ive put a filter on and it seems a bit more responsive but not much this box of tricks any idea how were i can get such a box????

The fundamental problem with most modern electronic throttles is that they have a sneeze factor built in. I have no idea why manufacturers do this, other than perhaps thinking we are all a bunch of retards who can't control the movement of our right hoof properly.

There is a company called Sprint Booster (http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/) who will sell you a device to plug between your pedal and ECU that will trick the ECU into reading the throttle potentiometer differently and hence will improve throttle response. It's £200 though for what is effectively an incredibly simple piece of kit. I have no idea quite what it does, but the sum of parts can't be more than a couple of quid. If you can find a friend who's good with electronics, then perhaps you can convince them to make one for you.

You're other option would be to get a programmable ECU from DTA or MoTec. These cost in the region of £600-£2000 though and you'd need to map your engine which takes a lot of work.

Edited by ArosaMike

The fundamental problem with most modern electronic throttles is that they have a sneeze factor built in. I have no idea why manufacturers do this, other than perhaps thinking we are all a bunch of retards who can't control the movement of our right hoof properly.

There is a company called Sprint Booster (http://www.sprint-booster.co.uk/) who will sell you a device to plug between your pedal and ECU that will trick the ECU into reading the throttle potentiometer differently and hence will improve throttle response. It's £200 though for what is effectively an incredibly simple piece of kit. I have no idea quite what it does, but the sum of parts can't be more than a couple of quid. If you can find a friend who's good with electronics, then perhaps you can convince them to make one for you.

You're other option would be to get a programmable ECU from DTA or MoTec. These cost in the region of £600-£2000 though and you'd need to map your engine which takes a lot of work.

thanks for that but ill keep it as it is and spend ma cash on doin ma loop and supercharger conversion but thanks for all ur replys