CAMBELT

I'm with you on the London prices - that's the penalty for being a southerner - everything costs more!!

I paid £334.82 for my GTI Cambelt change at VW in St. Albans (Hertfordshire) back in Feb. This was the cheapest VW dealership cambelt change I found in my area - I think I got quotes from VW Watford, VW Ruislip, VW High Wycombe and a few other independents and this was the best. That was with a 25% goodwill discount that I simply asked for and they agreed too without a fuss so if you decide to go to a VW dealer it might be worth asking for a discount.

I did try a SEAT dealership but as the Arosa never had the GTI 1.6 engine they said they could not do it - in fact they were surprised that there was a 1.6 engine - didn't fill me with confidence!!

Anyway - hope that helps.

Firstly many thanks for all your answers.The best vw garage price is Watford cambelt/water pump £ 352.00, with my citygate discount card?Still have to confirm price on tuesday.

Ricoshay - where is Midland VW? And when were you quoted that price? Only the Arosa will be due a cambelt change at his next service, plus a water pump change and that sounds like a good price if it included all of that...