Hi x

James_THFC

Evening all,

I've ventured over here from Cliosport.net as I'm quite taken in by this Lupo malarky. Especially the Gti.

I think there are some others from CS, AlexS, TomS etc..

Anyway I'm on the market for a new car, after hours of delibaration I narrowed it down to a 106 Gti or a Lupo Gti.

Xenons, Lupo it is then.

Ill be methodicly browsing Pistonheads, Autotrader and the market place in the coming months to find me sen a gem!

Are there any particular re-occuring issues with Lupo Gti's? I presume VAG build quality is far superiour to Renault but ive heard some nightmare stories.

Christ, what an essay.

So to sum up...Hi :shades:

tbh a lupo gti is probably a tad slower than a 106 gti. although its not alot of difference

my lupo has been a decent solid car for 12 months now with no major failures. the high level brake lights has just broke but other than that its been mint.

im sure you would love one :)

Small price to pay for the extra toys. I also think the 106 has in image problem, i.e. it's going the way of the saxo Vts..if you catch my drift.

Big time boy racer car saxos and 106s, had a saxo worst car i've ever had problem afta problem french end off, lupo the car to have.

Ryan

Welcome, i've always loved the 106 GTi's and the majority of the ones i see are kept standard, it's mainly quiksilvers i see that are attacked. Fantastic cars though with great chassis, i'd have one my self if they had a few more toys on them :)

German build quality and reliability over va va voom anyday. They're miles better than a Clio, 106.. anything French basically. But we're all biased over here anyway :rolleyes:

With a few choice mods you'll soon be quicker than a 106 GTI too :swerve:

Welcome.

Here's a fairly recent thread about common faults:

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...c=33694&hl=

As you can see, I've had a few problems with mine. Still love it though. Actually put it up for sale a while back but changed my mind pretty quickly.

Oh & you're making the right move - I had 2 clio's before my lupo. ;)