Lupo Cup car member race pics

Tigz™

Thanks to Simon H for e-mailing the pics.

Car looks great!

Great & British coverage on Motors TV starts around 5:30pm on Wednesday evening he races in the Dunlop Sportsmaxx Championship which should have a 30 minute programme about the 2 races he had at donington.

f9348c74.jpg

a175fb2c.jpg

d4e38900.jpg

df4b41af.jpg

d1b35e0c.jpg

247ee68e.jpg

i don't know the regs off the top of my head, but i'm sure the cup cars aren't eligible for sport maxx? not that says much, the regs are full of holes at the moment.

anyway, that's what my lupo is going into next year

Thanks for all the comments, and to Tigz for putting the pictures up, i have not seen the TV coverage yet, but my team mate said the lupo was only on for a few seconds at the beginning (im annoyed) Sky Sports will also be showing the race and their coverage is better, but i dont know when its on, when i find out i'll post it the times here.

To answer SimonJ the cup cars do not meet the regs as they are, i got them to change the regs on suspension so we can run full race coilovers and they have let me run the car with the 1400 polo engine it had as a cup car until i get the 1600 GTI engine and box fitted. I'm missing out anyway as i'm 25 bhp off with the 1400, the car is still competitive even with the 1400. In the second race i had a big battle with a Mini Cooper S, and the lupo was way quicker through craner curves and handled way better than the Mini, he just had more power on the straights. got alongside lots, drafted loads and got in front in the final lap to finish ahead.

The cars fitted with a full Pi Data Logging system and dash and will be running with in car video for the next races, i'll try and paste some of the data traces on here and after the next race if the videos ok and Tigz can tell me how to do it i'll post that too.

SimonJ if you have any questions or need any help, give me a PM.

Regards,

SimonH

• 6 months later...

Hi Everyone.

Just to let you know my Lupo will be racing in the 750MC Hot Hatch race this weekend at Snetterton in the hands of a Formula Renault driver, James Calado, i am running him to get his upgrade signatures before he starts his season. The car is then racing again this year in the Dunlop Sportsmaxx Championship (hopefully doing all the races) with myself and second driver Jonathan Howes at the wheel, hopefully we will get more tv coverage than last year!! The team will also be running the Nissan 350Z and a Ford Focus ST3.

Car now has its GTI engine fitted and will be going for a remap shortly, then its testing before the first round at Snetterton at the end of April. May do some suspension mods before then, depending how it goes.

I'll keep you all updated with our progress.

Cheers,

Simon

Poor Lupo broke a drive shaft so didn't get to race, had to use an XR2 and a BMW... Should be fixed by Tuesday and should start testing after easter.

I'll post dates for the races soon, but first one is Snetterton on 26/27th April.....