Can you still reclaim bank Charges?

Putney

So as not to get involved in the arguement around is it right or wrong to claim back charges but I find it hard to believe that people believe the banks excuse of "well the reason for the new cash machine and bank account charges are due to the amount of claims we have had to pay back". What a load of horse pooh. All the banks pay back is the "unlawfull" not "illegal" amount they have already charged their customers. So this money was never theirs to begin with. So they are blaming the claimers for yet again their own greed and masking it in these claims. Even if they had to repay all the claims from their billions profits it would hardly scratch them now would it.

There is not enough visibility over what banks get away with and personally I hope this High Court case goes against them and the Courts demand the visibility. This is the reason they have taken so long to go to court because if they loose they stand to be considerably worse off, not just on charges returns but also every aspect of their business and procedures.

Banks make money off our money just by having it sit in the accounts. Every transfer that occurs that takes "4 days" (which in this day and age should take secons) is earning them millions, so for them to charge for people to simply have accounts is some bare cheek.

Banks make money off our money just by having it sit in the accounts. Every transfer that occurs that takes "4 days" (which in this day and age should take secons) is earning them millions, so for them to charge for people to simply have accounts is some bare cheek.

i totally agree with this... if a bank can lose £800 million in paying back charges and still make profit something is really wrong with this economy.

I can see this credit econmy which lets face it is a false econmy going bang veyr shortly... another recession is well on its way i think....

pay off your debts and start saving some money...

owned would be going on about how hard done by you are only for someone to point out you have 4 cars lol

You are still talking *****.

I own three cars and a bike.

My wife owns another car, I work hard, I dont drink, I dont do drugs so I chose to spend my money on cars.

Other than my morgage, I'm not in debt and my current account is free.

If after all this I have to start paying for my current account (like you have to do in most countrys) then you'll see why it annoys me.

After you have lived in the real world you may start to understand this.

But I guess living with your Mum doesn't help your views eh?

:lol:

Some people just don't seem to understand that living away from thier parents isn't as cushy as they may think...

The first lesson I learned was the toilet roll doesn't appear magically and that dinner isn't just a plate of hot food - some ****** had invented this thing called a cooker that you must use to cook it first... :lol:

I have had so many problems with the bank it is unreal - In the end I got something called a "flexi-loan" via HSBC.

It is like a loan so you have to pay a fixed amount each month yet you can "borrow" up to the loans limit at any point in time - so if you need the money - transfer it over which takes 5 minutes and voila - there is cash in my C/A.

It has saved me a few times by allowing me to use this facility for things like when your flat gets flooded like mine did a while ago - insurance companies - now that is a different ball game all together - i'm still trying to claim back my food that was ****ed and electricity they used to repair my flat.

:lol: i'm still trying to claim back my food that was ****ed and electricity they used to repair my flat.
who reclaims their electricity? H ah ha ha.. I had my kitchen fitted and lots of work done... I forgot to ask the builder if my leccy bill was included in the job!
:lol: Some people just don't seem to understand that living away from thier parents isn't as cushy as they may think...The first lesson I learned was the toilet roll doesn't appear magically
I thought that was what the curtains were for? :huh: Edited by Putney

who reclaims their electricity? H ah ha ha.. I had my kitchen fitted and lots of work done... I forgot to ask the builder if my leccy bill was included in the job!I thought that was what the curtains were for? :huh:

:lol: We had humidifiers in for over 4 days constant to dry out the walls and ceilings and then they used it to rip the floor up and re-lay everything.

They bypassed the flooded fuse box and drained the electric for over a week with high power machines / humidifiers and we had a stonking bill in the other day - we have just had to send letters to get some progress made with this re-imbursement before our electric is cut off for not paying the bill!

We only have blinds in the flat but that could be a sore idea.... :lol:

I recently rang to explain a direct debit would be coming out the day before I get paid, causing me to go overdrawn. I asked if I were to get charged, as I don't have an overdraft. She said if I do I can claim it back, which I never got round to.

So according to the woman (who was shockingly English) you can claim recent charges.