Arosa / Lupo remapping by CNLRemapping

stevenb

All,

CNL Remapping can offer a remapping service at your door.

I have had a very informative chat with Colin at CNL and discussed the work involved in the mapping.

Colin is based in Rugby which is pretty central to many places.

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.cnlremapping.co.uk/

The details on the website may appear like most others. Various claims are made for bhp and torque figures for different models. Colin advised that he would be able to remap Arosa's and Lupo's easily and the figures he stated are quite acceptable. He believes 96-100bhp can be obtained and a hefty torque increase to 190+lb ft. He advised as other companies would that the mpg is slightly improved.

Of course he appreciates that no two cars are the same in terms of equal power and tuning abilities so each car is tuned to it's individual requirements.

there is no rolling road involved so this may not appeal to some people.

The very moddest pricing £300 (for him to attend to your place or work or home) would indicate that he is pretty darn competitive. He will remap two cars in one visit with a £25 per car discount i.e. £275 each. He advised he can tend to a maximum of 5 - 6 cars in one day (no more than this as each car takes approx 1 hour).

Cloin advised the mapping program is retained should we ever require the car to be returned to normal spec.

I'm not sure if people have had any experience with Colin's mapping services....if so then opinions would be appreciated. I am interested in a remap so if others are interested then we can arrange a mini-mapping-meet.

I have searched on this forum and browsed the mapping threads and found them informative.

I hope this is of help to people and I would appreciate advise.

kind regards

Steve

Sorry I mis-typed.

It's 250lb ft of torque. 100bhp.

I quoted figures from Vagtech in Leighton Buzzard for a Revo remap.

He does all diesel Seats as per the 'Products' link.

Seat Arosa stats:

1.4 TDI Bosch EDC15 Stock = 75bhp and 195lb ft(this should read 145lb ft) after remap 100bhp and 250lb ft.

This seems pretty good for £300 considering the prices elsewhere.

Cheers for the opinions guys.

I suppose CNL offer a convenient service in that they come to you...rather than you going to them.

I'm skint at the moment so won't be having any mapping done in the near future but if anyone does use CNL in the meantime then their feedback would of course be much appreciated.

cheers

Steve

All,

CNL Remapping can offer a remapping service at your door.

I have had a very informative chat with Colin at CNL and discussed the work involved in the mapping.

Colin is based in Rugby which is pretty central to many places.

Here is a link to the website:

http://www.cnlremapping.co.uk/

The details on the website may appear like most others. Various claims are made for bhp and torque figures for different models. Colin advised that he would be able to remap Arosa's and Lupo's easily and the figures he stated are quite acceptable. He believes 96-100bhp can be obtained and a hefty torque increase to 190+lb ft. He advised as other companies would that the mpg is slightly improved.

Of course he appreciates that no two cars are the same in terms of equal power and tuning abilities so each car is tuned to it's individual requirements.

there is no rolling road involved so this may not appeal to some people.

The very moddest pricing £300 (for him to attend to your place or work or home) would indicate that he is pretty darn competitive. He will remap two cars in one visit with a £25 per car discount i.e. £275 each. He advised he can tend to a maximum of 5 - 6 cars in one day (no more than this as each car takes approx 1 hour).

Cloin advised the mapping program is retained should we ever require the car to be returned to normal spec.

I'm not sure if people have had any experience with Colin's mapping services....if so then opinions would be appreciated. I am interested in a remap so if others are interested then we can arrange a mini-mapping-meet.

I have searched on this forum and browsed the mapping threads and found them informative.

I hope this is of help to people and I would appreciate advise.

kind regards

Steve

Hmmm, i will have to email him me is thinking as i live in rugby also :D could pop round for a chat on possibly remapping my 1.4 arosa sport, and the mrs mk4 ibiza cupra 20vt

The torque figures they're quoting are in Nm not lb/ft, bloody big difference! It means they are getting approx 180lb/ft torque out of the 1.4 not 250, compared to most other tuners who are getting around 190-195lb/ft.

:coffee:

Im sure Al can dig out his RR graph & I'll try & find mine too, obviously there will be variations according to how they are set up but at least we can say these figures have been achieved. Claiming a figure without any kind of evidence is ridiculous!

Good point, I'd just be a little more concerned that appears to be no proof that those figures had been achieved at all. Dont get me wrong mine was RR'd at 192lb/ft, like hell is it doing that now though as its running like a bag of crap! :lol:

Edited by Max69vk

Is your car running bad due to the mapping or something else?

Kinda put's me off mapping all when all these claimed figures don't live up to their real life figures.

:confused:

Its running bad because I've its been pretty much sat up doing nothing for 70% of the last 6 months, it just needs a good sevice & it'll be fine :)