12V car siren

i have one of these.....

8804_1.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie...p;rd=1&rd=1

how do i fit it? where shall i connect it to for its power as the cable isnt that long!!

could i just connect it to a wire at the back of the stereo?

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ok lets put this another way. which cable is the cable that gives power to the stereo? and how do i get the stereo out without those key things? smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Bodge a connector and plug it into your cigarette lighter?

I think red/yellow is mains feed, and you can use a cut up credit card to push into the key holes and extract the stereo (or so i've read wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

and by 'mains' i mean 12VDC tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Bodge a connector and plug it into your cigarette lighter?

hhhmmmmmmm i may do this! i wonder if halfords do anything i could buy to use for this!

if not how could i do this?

I think red/yellow is mains feed, and you can use a cut up credit card to push into the key holes and extract the stereo (or so i've read wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

ok cool thanks. il have to have a look tomorrow!

ive just been told that if i was to hook it up to the lighter then it would be really quite and its reaaly loud when attached to the battery! so that is what i shall do! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> just need to figure out how! confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

right. i now know what im doing and how to do it, kind of. but where can i take the cable from the engine bay into the cabin? is there anyholes it could go though? where does the stereo wires go through? i want the easiest access please! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

"Bodge a connector and plug it into your cigarette lighter?"

You need one of these...

...and a bracket to fit the 'speaker' to your passenger window.

I can't see why it would be quieter being powered from you lighter socket?!?!?!?!

Ray

Edited by Silver!

right. i now know what im doing and how to do it, kind of. but where can i take the cable from the engine bay into the cabin? is there anyholes it could go though? where does the stereo wires go through? i want the easiest access please! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you open the bonnet, there is a grommet on the right.

The cables will come through on the passenger side footwell.

Edited by Swoxy

why not have it loose then just stick it out of window

thats not as cool! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

"Bodge a connector and plug it into your cigarette lighter?"

You need one of these...

Ray

i have one of those! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> ive bodged one but i need a soldering iron! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you open the bonnet, there is a grommet on the right.

The cables will come through on the passenger side footwell.

yeah thats what i was thinking!

at the moment i just have it coming out the door and it sits nicely in a join in the bodywork and then goes straight into the engine bay! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

its brilliant, so so loud. i love it! haha

well they are a mixture of lots of different emergency vehicle sounds! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> have to be careful where and when i do them! dont want to be pulled for impersonating a police officer! haha its going to be just for shows! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by Little Green Giant