Whats the smallest wheel size for a lupo gti?

dub18

i'm not sure. i should have said, thats my best guess. but i know that 256mm brakes normally go under 14" wheels, so unless calipers are a weird shape it whould be fine, but best to borrow some 14" from a friend of scrapyard to test it out.

Yeah, 14's, but I'm sure Heartagram fitted some 13" Compomotive Turbo's to his Sport, which have the same 256mm brakes as the GTI. His calipers have been shaved though, and I think most 13's wouldn't fit.

Here's Heartagrams thread, page 5.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?sho...30770&st=80

REALLY interested in this, how much has to be take off? noticed about 1/2"-3/4" of room in the standard 14's,

DESPERATELY want 13's for shows etc.

Mark

You can get certain 13" wheels over 256mm brakes. Compomotives are racing wheels so they have lots of space in them for big brakes. I think Mitch got some 13x8 Ally Cats over his 256's. Tramonts fitted over them aswell and hey are 13s aswell.

ah right, thats good to know, cheers heartagram,

now i can keep an eye out for the alley cats ive wanted smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

anyone want to buy some ph1 ronal turbo's wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

There are some rare as you like 14" Ally Cats on E38. Think they are £450 freshly refurbed with spanking new tyres. Can't complain at that!

I have a set of 13x6 ones knocking about, we tried them on my Lupo and they wouldn't fit without spacers. So I'm guessing it depends on offsets.

Why would you bother though. Only the non-gti loops can get away with 13/14" rims. The gti's arches and bodykit make most 15's look lost and it will have no presence on 13/14's as you won't be able to get it low enough to work and still be able to drive it. 15's minimum imo for a gti with skinny tyres

But like I said to make the wheel look good in the arch would have to mean air otherwise it would just look soft. Gti arches are considerably bigger than normal loops. Ordinarily I would agree that fat 13's would rock but even with the front bumper on the floor, you'd still be able to get a fist in the arch

• 5 months later...

Howdy people!

My name is Reinoud, I'm from the Netherlands and I'm driving a 2001 Arosa 16V.

The dutch Arosa-Forum couldn't help me with this so I hope you guys can!

I want to know if I can fit 13s Smoor Roadster (7J ET14 front and 8J ET5 rear) on my Arosa 16V.

I believe the 16V Arosa has the same 256mm brakes as the Lupo, so I'm asking for you help!

Will these wheels fit over the brakes?

Smoors + coilovers = p0rn!

Thanks in advance,

Best regards,

Reinoud / LosCreepers