North East Meet!!

Daz_Wilko

Right, now i have my car i can come to meets but now ive got my car there is no meet near me and i know alot of people on here are from the teeside area.

what im suggesting is just a local meet somewhere (like a previous meet at a carpark near the transporter bridge) and just get to know each other, go for a little cruise, get some food, maybe a pint.

Just wondering who would be intrested in this and if anybody is we can sort the dates out, i was thinking some time in the next few weeks.

Anybody up for this? huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Edited by Daz_Wilko

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd never heard of it either. It's in Yorkshire somewhere, supposed to be some amazing roads on the way there.

Still, a mini meet sounds good anyway.

Yeah id go, i think the buttertubs would be a good drive out.

It depends when people are free as to dates. Phill you usually work Sundays dont you? Maybe a Saturday then?

What about Saturday 22nd of June?

We could meet up at ........ erm ......., i dont know, but somewhere central(ish) near middlesbrough, seems to be a lot of people from that area.

The first place that popped into my head wad Teesside Park but thats a bit boring. So what about the Tees Barage? on the curvey carpark?, could say meet there for about 10.00 - 10.30? Then go on the buttertubs pass from there.

What does anyone think to that? just some ideas smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Will be good to get some arosa owners going for a change too cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

Chris

Edited by cardaft

Well I was thinking we could have another local mini meet say at the transporter, meet new faces etc. like Daz_Wilko says, and then make arrangements for the buttertubs drive out a couple of weeks after that, maybe giving people more notice.

Could have a mini meet this or next weekend??

i dunno about Buttertubs lol, never heard of it. if you can find out the dates to that ill probably go along if its local?

Ah well erm they arnt exactly local, ive not been for a while, ill find out how far it would be.

Well I was thinking we could have another local mini meet say at the transporter, meet new faces etc. like Daz_Wilko says, and then make arrangements for the buttertubs drive out a couple of weeks after that, maybe giving people more notice.

Could have a mini meet this or next weekend??

We could do, although a drive out somewhere would be good, more people would go i guess. We could have a local mini meet to see everyone first though.

We need the arosa owners there tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

there are a few north east meets.

just got to know where to look.

www.demonvw.co.uk/forum

look for the section five organised ones at the baltic. A nice wide variety turn up.

more loops would be good.

Cardaft, Saturday the 22nd does not exist!

Just been thinking today, and I think Hartlepool Marina would be a good place for a meet in the summer, plenty of space to park and a few bars with outdoor seating, be nice if the weather's good.

If it's just a meet rather than a run out, can always do Sunday afternoons during the summer if that's better for other people.

Next weekend sounds good to me.

You know me though, I'm easy like a Sunday morning, or afternoon...

Grr... bad news, my clutch just decided it didnt want to play no more and hase gone, i.e. i can change gear!! all this a mile away from work so had to turn the car off and start it in 2nd and not change gear!

bloody cars!!!

should be fixed soon though, im fooshed with out it, i might have to get insured on my 306 diesel again !! nooooooooo.......

Cardaft, Saturday the 22nd does not exist!

Just been thinking today, and I think Hartlepool Marina would be a good place for a meet in the summer, plenty of space to park and a few bars with outdoor seating, be nice if the weather's good.

If it's just a meet rather than a run out, can always do Sunday afternoons during the summer if that's better for other people.

Next weekend sounds good to me.

You know me though, I'm easy like a Sunday morning, or afternoon...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> So it doesnt laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> flipping calender, i ment to say the 23rd rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

We could meet up at the trasnporter or the teesbarrage just to say hello and maybe get a couple of pics like a couple of us did before.

Then we can arrange a run out somewhere, for another time. Rather than just planning a meet for later in the summer and it dragging on.

@ Daz_Wilko, thats a shame, is it the pedal box thats failed? Hope you get it fiexed soon, we need some arosas at the next meet laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Chris

tbh i dont have a clue whats wrong with it i just went to change gear and it when i put the clutch in it was like kicking air!, think the cable wire may have snapped as i can push the clutch with my little finger fairly easy lol. im gunna have to drive it to my step dads garage 5 mile away but only 1 mile is tricky as its got a few round abouts and junctions the rest of it is motor way mileage so hopefully will be orite, ill have the mother following me behind so fingers crossed.

Well next weekend sounds good for me, I'll turn up anyway. I think we should arrange the buttertubs drive for a few weeks after that, hopefully the Newcastle lot will get themselves down for it!

EDIT: Chris shall we meet at the barrage car park (the one just before the entrance to David Lloyds)??

Edited by jon_273

Nice one, so we setting the date for next saturday then? at the barrage ?

my car will be fixed for then deffinately biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Next week is the VW Summernights BBQ!! Come to that!

flier_vwsn11_670.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

I'm off there with the Section 5 chaps. There's normally a Section 5 meet last Sunday of the month at the Baltic which is a good laugh.

I'll plan the Yorkshire Dales meet, because there's some cracking roads down there - Some lowered cars will no doubt bottom out at speed on some of the roads I've got in mind like!

Well me and Jon_273 were going to have a trip out over that way one weekend and see where we could go, but if you think you know a nice route then we can do that. Although there is a better/more interesting way other than the A689 as you mentioned on another thread.

Well next weekend sounds good for me, I'll turn up anyway. I think we should arrange the buttertubs drive for a few weeks after that, hopefully the Newcastle lot will get themselves down for it!

EDIT: Chris shall we meet at the barrage car park (the one just before the entrance to David Lloyds)??

Yep me and jon will meet at the teesbarage next saturday. Say about 10.30 to 11.00? in the carpark closest to the barrage?, the one on the left before you come to the barriers to another carpark.

So we will be there, if anyone local wants to come along and just say hi then we will be there.

id be up for a mini meet, buh it depends on work and the state of my car

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> whats happened to your car lol.

Nice one, so we setting the date for next saturday then? at the barrage ?

my car will be fixed for then deffinately biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Good, have to have some arosa owners there, show these lupo people what its all about laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Ill turn up too if my car isnt in another body shop

Oh yes do you still want the phone number for the bodyshop i know? ill get it for you tomorrow.

Chris

Edited by cardaft

right so saturday 23rd, where shall we meet up, the car park near the transporor bridge ?

could someone get a pic of a map on highlighting it so weveryone know where to go??

Cheers, Wilko

oh and if anyone want to talk more bout it just add us on msn: daz_wilko89@hotmail.com

right so saturday 23rd, where shall we meet up, the car park near the transporor bridge ?

could someone get a pic of a map on highlighting it so weveryone know where to go??

Cheers, Wilko

oh and if anyone want to talk more bout it just add us on msn: daz_wilko89@hotmail.com

Yeah ok then, So about 10.30 - 11.00 at the transporter bridge instead then.

On the Middlesbrough side.

Daz_Wilko ive added you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />