gti jerking

lupo gti jerking mainly from cold more noticable when changing down,off the accelarator pedal.only last few minutes.mileage 20,000/02/plate.changed plugs[ngk],air filter oil /service not due nov/07.Car four and half years old the dealership suggested a cam belt change for £400.Thecar has only coverd 20,000 miles.Is this the way vw dealerships are looking for more business,bearing in mind their labour charges are £90 an hour in London is this a rip off? thanks.any comments appreciated.

I have just vag-com diagnostic today,everything showed ok.It looks like I'll have to skip around like a kangaroo every morning,maybe i should change my name to Skippy.It seems like to me cars from the far east dont have these problems, build quality or reliability?

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Awesome my girl friends does the same thing!! and she has been champing at me all the time to try and fix it!!

BUT i cleaned the throttle body and that made a lot of differance!!!!

My car does this when cold. The solutions I found were, if it jerks on moving off either give it more throttle or pull away in 2nd gear gently. For stopping, dip the clutch and use the brakes (below 10mph only)

• 6 years later...