lupo on 17inches

lupo6speed

QUOTE(Tigz)
And I think hes added small spacers to the rear also to pull out the wheels.

Didn't he grind the inside of the wheels to make them fit?? anyway i thought they were the front ones ???

Ahh being off the forum is no good wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I fitted Gti shocks (that I got off Darren) with Eibach springs (they were the only ones I could find that looked like the orginals, same colour and size. Just added a couple of dots of paint and presto! VW think they are the proppa set up, so Warrenty is still good.) The guy at the store told me they were a 45mm drop, but I later found out they were only 35mm :mad:

i used to have a lupo gti on 17s use a 205/40/17 tyre and a 38mm offset i got my arches rolled on the front but there made a mess off them ended up getting 2 new arches and the sprayshop i took it to just grinded the lip of the wing problem solved still rubbed on the bulkhead behind the dash thou on full lock

Hi, the black car is indeed mine.

They are 7x17s with 205/40R17's.

Front wings have both been ground and the plastic liners modified to clear the tyres better. Passenger front wheel rubs on footwell floor on full lock but thats it.

Rear arches were untouched but i have 5mm spacers now both rears have been tickled so that they dont rub with a `car-full`.

My wheels are 45mm offset (ie: 3mm further in that std so i had to grind my front callipers so the wheel hub cleared them). However this gives more arch clearance.

Fin has 35mm offset (ie: 8mm further out than std) and i believe all his wheels rub. Fin has had his arches rolled so that may have cured the rubbing.

Fin's wheels although the same design as mine look much fatter and give his car a better stance than mine as his look meaner!!!

tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />p Got a question . after reading a number of threads about 17's and all the rubbing and fouling probs. I have heard somewhere that 16's will fit fine without to much fouling problems and i does not effect the handling too much. i was looking at fitting bbs rz's 16's and dropping 35mm.. on either fk springs on my original gti shoks of an fk or hr coil over kit. Any suggestions. I do like the feel of the car at the moment but think its to high..

16s will fit with no problems, iv fitted gti shocks with lowering springs to my 1 litre loop and although the handleing is better than standard I wish id done for coilovers. If you've got the cash, id suggest doing the same. Springs are very, very, very bumpy ???

Mine is the black car and it is lowered 65mm all round (was about 60mm in the photo).

Think Fin's silver car is lowered about 60mm as well.

So Fin your car does look nice on her summer rims! Just a few quick questions though thanx, does your car rub on full lock now that you have had your arches rolled back? And can you have any passengers in the back.

By the way Ive been told that if you want 17's on your Lupo gti you should go for the new tyres 195/40 17 this should eliminate any rubbin and scrubing but they cost alot.

Anyone knows what the black Lupo rims are in the modded page? They look cool man!