Uprated Brakes

try motorsportworld.co.uk

search for your car in brake section.

you would be looking for uprated pads and discs.

goodridge also make stainless braided brakelines to improve brake feel about £50.

and finaly uprgrade to some racing spec brake fluid, this will handle higher temperatures from heavy braking.

Edited by qually

ok. there are big brake kit conversions with competition spec lightweight parts, you get 2 piece discs 280-300+ and 4pots-6pots and adapters starting from about £700.

there is also the 280mm conversion. best of using complete calipers/pads assembly from the donor car there is a fair list of cars doesnt have to be g60 i dont think.

This is a list of a few, I sure they go something like this but may very depending on age of car.

1.0, 1.4, 1.7sdi arosa (some)= 239 discs, 10 thick, solid.

1.0, 1.4, 1.7sdi lupo= 239 discs, 18 thick, vented. Attached to hubs.

1.4 tdi, 1.4 Sport lupo/arosa= 256 discs, 20 thick, vented. Detachable from hubs.

1.6 Gti lupo= 256 discs, 25 thick, vented. Detachable from hubs.

Also

If you upgrade to 280mm discs you need to be running 15'' wheels.

Im sure tigz swapped his hubs to allow for g60 set up on his 1.0. Give him a pm.

Good thread on how to add g60 discs

id change the 5.1 fluid for super dot 4 you will nead to bleed them less and will get better performance from it too as its less hydroscopic so doesnt absorb asmuch water keeping the feel longer

• 2 weeks later...

OK, so what happens if you have a Lupo 1.4S (75bhp) that has the caliper carrier connected to the hub (Not Bolted). I'm guessing you need a another type of hub/carrier etc but from what ? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Edited by cljxr27

OK, so what happens if you have a Lupo 1.4S (75bhp) that has the caliper carrier connected to the hub (Not Bolted). I'm guessing you need a another type of hub/carrier etc but from what ? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Thats correct. I am going to try EBC yellow stuff pads before i go as far as to change the hubs. the pads are reported to be very good. There is no reason that 239mm should not be enough for a little lupo. I also hope to have them bled so will report back.