Text message from Orange asking me to call them

ArosaMike

I've had two messages from Orange now since I got my new phone asking me to call them on 386. Common sense tells me not to ring as it's confusing why they wouldn't just phone me, but has anyone else had this.....is it genuine?

No reports on google of any scams using the string - text call orange 386.

These things are pretty quick to be posted on the web when they appear.

hmmm...

Borrow someone else's Orange phone and make the call!

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

You can always call Orange on the regular number you use to call them - PAYG is 450, then you pay a charge of 25p to talk to an operator. Might be worth paying the little charge to make sure its not a scam smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

p.s. I'm on Orange PAYG and havn't recieved any messages like that.

Edited by lunalupi

If its payg, ring 450 like Nic suggested, if its contract, ring 150 & speak to a customer services operator - they'll be able to tell you if its genuine or not. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Fu*k that if they want something they can phone you, let them work for their money. I would say its a scam.

On another note sorry rant coming up. I recently complaied about my mobile phone because it could not call the person I make 99% of calls too, when she was at home - network error, which took 2 1/2 weeks to fix. Anyway put the complaint in, selected to be emailed with a response and what did they do... phone me at work. I can only call the woman between 9 and 5 when my phones not free and I am supposed to be working. Think I will complain again tonight. Quite happy I did not get to speak to her, she sounded like a right moody one. Good old customer relations you either speak to a happy retard who has not got a clue or some moody git who does not want to know. Sorry Mike filling up your thread with *****.

Orange are spunk sluts.

When they want money off you there straight up on calling you ever half hour and sending you about 500 letters but as soon as you need them to fix your phone your on the phone for aout half an hour in a que.

I tried to tell the operator once that I only had 2 years to live and I'd appreciate it if she put me to the front of the que (was being put through to another department) so I could make the most of my time. She didn't really know what to say, was well funny.

Edited by heartagram

I'm on Orange contract and have had not text from them saying to call them...I would say its a scam but I would e-mail them or call them direct to find out what its all about! but they would normally call you if it was important or even for marketing