Lupo Sport Blog - Last Update - 26/11/2012

heartagram

Cheers guys :D

Got these today :coffee:

DSC01194.jpg

mates with lupo's emptied my shed :shades: notice any difference with the rear axle modification then? everytime i touch your car it rain's :angry2:

It looks lower, but still needs a bit more I think. I might take a coil out of the back and then just cable tie the spring to the axle so it doesn't bounce out.

But then again I had everything out of the bcak so maybe putting the seats and that back in might bring it down a little bit more.

Its not just the Lupo that makes it rain, its all my cars. Remember when we did the suspension on ratty and had to build that make shift cover out of a tarpaulin (sp?). That was canny poo.

the mod should bring it down at least another 10> 15 mm but the other benifit will be your less likely to burst a shocker seal as it now has a bit more travel. little bit more give on the hardness oh and dont cut the spring, f'ing hoopty tech, there's another way

Edited by mitch unit 21

This is the only car I've had without chopped springs! :lol:

Mickys is the true Hoopty though. When you jack it up the springs just fall out :lol:

I'm just going downstairs to put the trim back in...

That looks mint! So have you cut your chassis leg? The seriosuly do look the tits though and your motor will look even better once you get the GTI lamps on.

The chassis legs are standard. As long as you don't hit any huge pot holes they don't rub either.

Can't wait to get the GTI lamps in, although I'm unsure on what to do with my indicators cause I like the smoked look the car has atm. But with bright chromey type headlights it won't look right with smoked repeaters and no one seems to do crystal front indicators.

Although I am hatching a plan, just need to work out if it will work or not!

Well you can buy this tinting film stuff that smokes them. I was thinking of getting that. Cause if I don't like them then I can just peel it off. Where as if I do something more permanent then I'm a bit screwed. I fancy a bit of a change on the front end though so I'm looking into other things to tinker with.

I still fancy a 3L front end but I'm not sure. I think I'm a bit late for that band wagon, even though I had everything ready for mine about a month after having the car :lol:

I reckon the tinting film will be pretty hard to apply because of the shape of the headlight, i could be wrong like. 3L will still look good though, there is only a couple that i know of, paulbin's and mitch's, so its not like they are a common thing. So i say go for it!

I reckon the tinting film will be pretty hard to apply because of the shape of the headlight,

That was my main concern cause of the headlight shape.

I was wondering how they black chrome stuff, maybe something like that on the headlight internals would work? I'm not sure how these headlights work though so I don't wanna start ripping them apart and end up damaging them!