Standard suspension fitting

MrStu

Hiya folks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I'm selling my arosa so the ATS cups and coilovers have to come off!

I don't have the tools or space to do it myself, and the garages are a nightmare.

VWRLUPO has offered to help me out, which is cool smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />, but I'm not in Milton Keynes atm and hes not replying to PM!

Anyone fancy butchering a poor arosa ?

Or perhaps you can suggest a garage in Stafford or Milton Keynes that are reputable?

How much should I expect to pay for fitment of the original springs in place of the coilovers?

Cheers smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Going to look at an ibiza cupra later this week so i might well be!

Cracking little car though, world apart from my saxo that I had years back smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Well I was! I visit my GF up there some weekends. (I'll also be back there for good as of sept this year)

Down in MK atm though! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Getting quite desperate now guys!

If anyone in the Milton Keynes/Bucks area can lend a hand then I might be able to cut you a deal on the RH cupraiders and/or FK coilovers that I will be taking off and selling smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> (Not ATS cups as per original post)

you do need spring compressors to stop it taking your head off but i think theyre only about £20

You do indeed, I thought I was clever doing mine with no compressor but was lucky (by inches) not to have my head taken off!

If you can search under my name, there should be some answers there. I did mine in September 06 with useful info given on here!

opps there yu go. http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?s=&...st&p=305185

Edited by LoopyLing

it's 5minute job

Eh?

Are you mad?

How many times have you done it in less than an hour?

You will need to use spring compressors, when the coilovers are fitted, parts from the stock suspention are removed and fitted to the coilovers.

These will need to be swapped back over again and to do that you will need to compress the springs.

the ones i have in me garage are like that too i assumed fk ones would have the whole setup but still the actual changing of coilovers to shocks is undoing and doing back up 3 bolts the hardest part is getting the massivley oversized standard shocks back in piece of piss changing the bits onto standard shocks does need t spring compressors make sure you get them propper tight and even before you take the top off and it's easy especialy with hydraulic spring compressors