Offsets and tire widths

v3rmin

Well if it's a sport, 14's or 15's look best.

Has yours been lowered?

I will go 15's but i just dont know what offset & tire size i can use still being legal (not lowered at the mo but will go for 40mm to start)

Edited by v3rmin

If you stick to a 195 tyre then this will be fine.

Its when your wheel and tyres are proud of the arch which causes problems.

Edited by vworks41

I run a 27offset on my 8's at the back, and their abit proud of the arch. Plus the the arches on my gti are bigger, so they will definitely stick out on yours.

If you go to wide then it will start to rub, especially with people in the back.

Some garages are stricter then others to, some might be funny about it and some not. If ur worryed just put your standard wheels back on just for the mot.

7x15's up front and 8x15's on the back with 195 tyres would look nice.

Stick to a 35offset and that sould be fine.

7x15's up front on an ET37 scrubbed like feck on mine, so ET35 is gona be another 2mm sticky out! although mines around 80mm down

8x15's on the rear on a 195/45 tyre with an ET30, didnt even touch! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by nfbr

7x15's up front on an ET37 scrubbed like feck on mine, so ET35 is gona be another 2mm sticky out! although mines around 80mm down

8x15's on the rear on a 195/45 tyre with an ET30, didnt even touch! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Really...I thought a 7x15 et35 would of been ok, even wth quite a drop. Especally when ur backs where ok with 8's on.

Out of interest what suspension setup have you got and what tyre profile was used?

7x15's up front and 8x15's on the back with 195 tyres would look nice.

Stick to a 35offset and that sould be fine.

that would never fitt:P not my car annyways:P

and i am running 15x8 et20 with Tüv for the lupo, no rubbing on mye car, and it is slamed down to the ground:p

Edited by duplostyle

Really...I thought a 7x15 et35 would of been ok, even wth quite a drop. Especally when ur backs where ok with 8's on.

Out of interest what suspension setup have you got and what tyre profile was used?

FK Highsport - 195/45 15.

When going round roundabouts quite heavily the front wheels scuffed away at the arches, even after i hammered the lip all the way round.

if your rim is 8" wide, u cant use org. et, beauce it would rub badly on the inside but if you go for a narower rim lik 6,5" or 6" et 35/37 wuld maybe okay, but 8" wide et35. no way:P

You can on a GTi wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

FK Highsport - 195/45 15.

When going round roundabouts quite heavily the front wheels scuffed away at the arches, even after i hammered the lip all the way round.

Mine were the same with my RH Cups on, also 7x15" ET35.

Me to laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I guss from what people have said is et35 would be the wrong choice.

Maybe 6.5x15 et35/37 would be a safe bet,on the front, and 7.5''/8''x15 et30/25 on the back.

But dont hold me to that unsure.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":unsure:" border="0" alt="unsure.gif" />