What's the highest offset you can run?

vworks41

I know the lowest offset i can run on my 8x16's before outer arch rubbing but what's the highest? Any one out there run high et's for maximum gerth laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> if so what wheel and tire sizes, and did you have any problems with it.

Thanks paul.

Edited by vworks41

My nearest wheel shop that i trusted to do all that and get advice has closed, and there not many others around where i live. Looks like i might have to get my ruler and set square out and have a play. Cheers anyway.

My 17's are 7" wide and ET45.

The problem is that IF the hub of the wheel is quite bulky the wheels will not clear the caliper near the hub. I had to grind about 3-4mm from the back of every spoke on my front wheels to make them fit. The problem is the same with 256mm and 280mm front brakes but marginally better with the 280mm's as the caliper is further out radially.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Anyone huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

ET37 on a 7x15 rubs like hell on the front of my non-gti, but my 8x15's on et30 stay well clear of the rear arches.

Nah mann, i have et50 on my 15" cups whithout rubbage and spacers pushing them out even more!!

I think you missed the point mate.

ET50 will stand the wheels further inwards but spacers will undo this and push the wheels back outwards again (thus effectively lowering the offset again).

I think we are trying to figure how far we can stand the wheels inwards (highest offset). The point being that then a wider wheel can be used before arch rubbing.

I think you missed the point mate.

ET50 will stand the wheels further inwards but spacers will undo this and push the wheels back outwards again (thus effectively lowering the offset again).

I think we are trying to figure how far we can stand the wheels inwards (highest offset). The point being that then a wider wheel can be used before arch rubbing.

Whoops - lol, yeah, sorry, im being thick, if you look what time i posted it you'll realise how late it was - haha

Today, 05:34 AM

All is forgiven laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

My 17's are 7" wide and ET45.

The problem is that IF the hub of the wheel is quite bulky the wheels will not clear the caliper near the hub. I had to grind about 3-4mm from the back of every spoke on my front wheels to make them fit. The problem is the same with 256mm and 280mm front brakes but marginally better with the 280mm's as the caliper is further out radially.

Good point about the cailpers! forgot about that part blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Any luck with those borbets yet?

Another point I should mention is the inside of the rear wheel to the radius arm. With a high offset wheel, wide tyre and big diameter the tyre runs very close the the radius arm where the arm starts to curve outwards towards it mounting point.

Phillipwilkinson from on here pm'd me about a set of Borbets but they are sold now. Looking bleak although I have a fall back plan as have made enquiries about a set of Modern lines in 16"x7.5 ET35 instead. They will be specially made as currently that size is not available.

*sorry for veering off topic*