I am absolutely gagging...

saint_david

The thing that annoys me about the screen wash is the amount of times the wipers 'wipe' after you've stopped spraying. It always gets too dry and leaves streaks.

On my civic the wipers didnt come on automatically when you operated wash, I liked that.

The thing that annoys me about the screen wash is the amount of times the wipers 'wipe' after you've stopped spraying. It always gets too dry and leaves streaks.

On my civic the wipers didnt come on automatically when you operated wash, I liked that.

yeah its one of them things where you just think "why cant you just do what your told" its like the stupid thing where it stops you left foot braking for example its damn annoying like clarkson once said about an aston "its my car i brought it let me decide"

wayne

Yes but surely then when you get a different car you'll be thinking "flamin' thing, why dont you wipe the screen after ive washed it?"!!

And how often do you left foot brake?!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I've never noticed that it did that when ive been braking LF.

Yes but surely then when you get a different car you'll be thinking "flamin' thing, why dont you wipe the screen after ive washed it?"!!

And how often do you left foot brake?!!! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> I've never noticed that it did that when ive been braking LF.

yes there was quite a few things i missed when i was driving the cinq instead of the arosa for the week but you know what i mean penry the whole thing of it thinks it knows whats best rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

and left foot braking whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" /> not that much since having this car loosing all power all of a sudden makes the car quite unstable just before a corner blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> im a heavy country lane driver its what i do best and where im at home and to be honest the arosa isnt anywhere near as much fun with the coilies sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> but astill love it shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

back on topic Dave you got a pic of this car yet?

wayne

and left foot braking whistle.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":whistle:" border="0" alt="whistle.gif" /> not that much since having this car loosing all power all of a sudden makes the car quite unstable just before a corner blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> im a heavy country lane driver its what i do best and where im at home and to be honest the arosa isnt anywhere near as much fun with the coilies sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> but astill love it shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

wayne

Ive never tried left foot braking in anycar, dont really see the need on roads. The first time i noticed the arosa didnt do it was when i got new discs and the garage said drive with your foot on the brake a bit to bed them in, but it wouldnt do it lol.

There are some good country lanes round here that i use fairly often, i really like the standard handling, its fun but predictable and you know where its limits are, i wouldnt want to change anything on the suspension if it changes things for the worst. And im more of a motorway driver so i want good suspension for the bad roads lol laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> .

Chris

i really like the standard handling, its fun but predictable and you know where its limits are, i wouldnt want to change anything on the suspension if it changes things for the worst. And im more of a motorway driver so i want good suspension for the bad roads

mine was a better quicker car in the lanes as standard being honest but does have its advantages

the traction is 10 times better as theres no front end lift etc under hard accleration etc and the steering is tighter to an extent but you find that now you have to go in a corner and get it bang on or it will understeer whereas standard you could 4 wheel drift it using the lift off oversteer which it doesnt seem as eager to do of late

overall its twitchy especially in the wet and a rough country lane really chucks it about but the looks (quite a subtle drop on mine) and overall i still do like the car although roads such as the A50 etc can seriously hamper the cars performance from what i have experienced so far

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

Yep where I live there are loads of lanes. The advantage of standard is that yes, its so predictable and easy to throw around. In my case where the lanes arent the smoothest it can throw the car off balance but more often than not it throws you off aswell when you're getting chucked about. But even though it feels not as quick, you can take the other smoother sections much faster because its that much stiffer. Once i put the arosa back to standard though it was a hell of a laugh to drive and i was gutted to see it go. But then got in the GTi with the kit off the arosa on it and it all becomes clear rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I'm in a similar boat but want a centre pipe for my Mk 1 1.0 arosa. I'm going to try putting on a lupo sport rear bumper and exhaust. Dose anyone know if it wiil fit, don't fancy the jetex. rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />